PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
There are many posts suggesting that everyone should smoke a cob or at least have one in their stable for Aros and many even suggest for strong Latakia blends.
What is everyone's favorite shape? And is MM the preferred maker?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
MM and Old Dominion are the only quality corncob pipe makers I am aware of. My favorite large cob is the Mark Twain due to its capacious bowl and thick walls. My favorite small cob is the Rob Roy because I like the hand feel.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The reverse calabash and the Great Dane egg.
img_20160830_014234-337x600.jpg

img_20160824_022429-600x396.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Their big MM freehand non-plastered with an acrylic stem instead of plastic, for smoking Tabac-Manil Semois, but I don't have any of the various shape cobs from MM or Old Dominion that I don't enjoy a lot, and I like my Forever stems on the MM's.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
The first corncob I ever bought a couple of years ago, the Country Gentleman. And to think I got it by mistake, as I had ordered a Diplomat and the order got mixed up. I would say that is my favourite, although lately I've found myself going often for my bent Mark Twain.

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
I'd trade a Castello for a reverse calabash cob. Man that thing is awesome. How did I miss those?

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
Embers
Wanna get rid of yours?? Lol. Just joking of course. Lovely piece. If you see another pop up, keep me in mind.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I love the Diplomat, and my Shire Cobbit. Country Gentleman, and the Legend Rob Roy(my first pipe).

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Embers
Wanna get rid of yours?? Lol. Just joking of course. Lovely piece. If you see another pop up, keep me in mind.
Those may be a bit difficult to come by. If I remember correctly, around 225 or 250 pieces were all that were made, and there was a frenzy to get one back in 2015.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/mm-reverse-calabashes-at-spc

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
Tough question, I have three.
Mizzou: I smoke anything and everything in this. Great for shorter smokes, and very lightweight. This gets the most use of the three.
Country Gentleman: This comes out to play when I'm settling down for a long smoke, usually when sat around the chiminea in the garden for a few hours. Again, anything goes in this.
Washington Bent: Previously dedicated to the stronger Lakelands like Ennerdale. Superb pipe!
However, if I was to choose my favourite MM pipe of all I've tried, I'd have to say the Bent Ozark Cherry. It's the current favourite of all my pipes. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought duplicates of this instead of other pipes.

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
MM Country Gentleman half bent. Smoke all my VA blends in it and the two just seem to go together.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
I couldn´t decide on a shape if I wanted to and I am tempted by the diversity of Cobs. Now I even started my own foray into the strange world of Cobfoolery:

Status
Not open for further replies.