PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Will I ever be able to download and watch this film? I have been following this for years and have been looking forward to it patiently but it seems to be taking forever. I know it was screened at the Chicago pipe show but that must have been 5 or 6 months ago now.
It looks like a very well done production and I'm hoping that it will be interesting enough to show a few of my friends and family. Perhaps in the vain hope that it will allow them to better understand my love of pipe smoking. Well, I can dream, can't I?
Does anyone have any information regarding this film and its release?

I am expecting it to at least be as awe-inspiring as a Star Wars with as long as they've had the thing in the lab/studio/cutting room. When I posted about this last (almost the exact question), I got a few steamed responses assuring me that it was coming along and to quit my bitchin'.

I've thrown some money at it years ago when it was being discussed on the PM radioshow, and if the only place I'll be able to see it is to fly across the US and set in a hotel room... well... I will be VERY disappointed.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
With the sheer amount of terrible documentaries on Netflix, they should at least be able to get it on there if they are able to complete it.
Perhaps a lack of Mixture 79 has slowed them down.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
Might try asking the filmmakers:
Already had but thought I'd ask you chaps too.
I am expecting it to at least be as awe-inspiring as a Star Wars with as long as they've had the thing in the lab/studio/cutting room.
I must confess a similar thought :D
With the sheer amount of terrible documentaries on Netflix, they should at least be able to get it on there if they are able to complete it.
Indeed.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
There's a lot that goes into post and especially distributing a film, from Errors and Omissions ( no distributor will touch your film without it) to proper color management and mixing. It generally takes me at least a year for every project. Even "fast"commercials are a couple months. It could be a money issue, it costs about $5,000 for an aggregator, and a couple grand for E&O. They could also be dealing with clearance issues.

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
There was a mention on the last radio show http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/radio-talk-show/the-pipes-magazine-radio-show-episode-268/#more-10842
Something about an auction coming up to raise some funds and that they were close to a release.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
There was a mention on the last radio show
Cheers, I'll give that a listen tomorrow when I have time. I have been working through the episodes I have missed of late.
Honestly, I have not been one of the investors in the project. That sort of thing sits out of my comfort zone but will, of course, be happy to pay for it when released like any other film.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This film has taken too long. When did they start five years ago? Six? Look this was supposed to be about 90 minute film or so. These people have drug it out for a seeming eternity. And now they are holding an auction for it. You guys can donate if you want but I say "No Mas".

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
There is a fine line between building anticipation and losing people's interest.

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I can watch a Netflix documentary on Bronies, guys who like My Little Pony, but not Father the Flame . Probably more Bronies than pipesmokers. :crazy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
@akfilm:
Very interesting. Glad to hear from someone in the field about the costs involved.
@cosmic:
Maybe we can convince them to lend us a copy that can magically appear on The Pirate Bay.
Exposure will only help them.
It worked for this film:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014809/

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yeah man, I’m dying to see this too! I could have sworn it was supposed to be released last year but it seems like it just keeps getting delayed.

davidy97

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Tx
It would be funny if they went all out hipster and released it in reel to reel or Betamax.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
Just got a reply to my enquiry with them.
Yes! It is currently being submitted to many film festivals over the next year and will be released to the world after the festivals are complete. That should be close to mid to end summer.
Thanks for checking in!!!
So, Autumn next year it is then chaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.