PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewilky

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
Hello,

Just wondering if some folk could give me some feedback on falcon pipes? thinking of getting one but would love some honest feedback other than the falcon advertisements! :)

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Aside from their looks, they are excellent pipes. I was actually quite surprised at how well they smoked, figuring they were some sort of a gimmick pipe. The ring type filter is not required and you can also use a small piece of pipe cleaner for the same purpose. It the tobacco is moist I would recommend using the filter to absorb the moisture, that is all they are really for anyway.
The current bowls tend to have a number of fills so I go for the rusticated ones. You can always check before hand. They are sturdy as all get out. If you have the chance, go for the Hunter series stem, they are all black. Not sure which stores sell the black ones but I think 4Noggins can get them via special order. There is also a chap who sells them on eBay.
The regular bowls are good for a 30 minute smoke. The Classic bowls are larger and good for an hour or so. The Hunter bowls are small, good for a 15-20 minute smoke or a strong tobacco. One stem and a couple bowls sets you up nicely.
The International series are more like regular pipes in appearance and I believe you can remove the stem on those. The regular line you cannot remove the stem, it is crimped into place. A regular BJ Long pipe cleaner works, you do not need the extra thin ones made for Falcon.
All that said, if you get past the looks, they are an excellent pipe for the money.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
All of Michael's comments are dead on. One advantage is you can dedicate without a lot of cash layout. Right now I have bowls for Aeros, Virginia and Burleys. They pack up for travel extremely well.
Smoking wise they are very easy to pack tightly. I've really packed it tight and still had a good draw. The downside to that it will burn hot.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I have one and love it. You don't need anything but normal pipe cleaners. You can even make the dry rings yourself by cutting normal pipe cleaners. Nice dry smoke. Can be had in the US via TP and 4noggins

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I love my Falcons, smoke them everyday. Here's a link that may help you:

http://www.pipesmokerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?806-Some-Notes-on-Falcon-Pipes
P.S. The most comfortable stem is the slightly bent one. I'm not a fan of the full bents, but I do have some and smoke them from time to time with the larger Classic bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.