PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I restored this Falcon AN 4, Bent Multi-Purpose pipe. I noticed something different about the bowl right from the start and went on a search scouring the interent to find this shape bowl. No luck! I know Falcon has a Meerschaum bowl that looks like this, a bit taller though. Does anyone have this shape bowl on their Falcons? Just curious.
falcon10.jpg

falcon13.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Looks good! I see there are several web sites which offer custom bowls for Falcons but I didn't see one that looked quite like yours.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Wow... Ok not to retract from the OP but wow... I want that bowl in the second pic!
As for the OP very nice Resto on that! I have two falcons and each came with two bowls and none look like that. I have a hyperbowl I believe it's called and I'm not a fan. Seems like I can't keep it lit. The other three are short bowls, two rusticated (not like the second pic) and one a smooth. I don't feel like looking up the names of them ATM but they are pretty standard. Sorry I can't help but consider this a bump because I am curious myself.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I know its called the Spool and its an older shape that was discontinued. I have a rusticated one but there is no shape number on it. It states Ireland on the bottom, so probably made no later than the 1960's. It was around that time they closed up shop there. They had bowls turned in Chicago, Ireland and the UK.
That Ygrek bowl is awesome! He mentioned he had some for sale on his Facebook page.

Status
Not open for further replies.