PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
I just found a local guy who is selling 5 pipes.A peterson emerald,a bari volcano,a butz choquin calabash church warden,a bjarne danish freehand,a Sasieni 4-dot Ruff Root.I can buy them all for $150.00.Does this seem like a good deal?

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
It does to me :D
But what matters is what you think.
Are they in good shape?
Does he have room to haggle?

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
All 5 in excellent condition for $150...I say pull the trigger and enjoy!...but thats just me :puffy:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
$30 apiece is not bad at all for name brand pipes in good shape.

My attitude towards buying pipes has changed over the years, these days I'd be tempted to put that $150 on one new or barely smoked Ser Jacopo or Mastro de Paja.

If you dont have much of a rotation, all of the pipes he's selling should be good smokers.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Bam! Done deal.They will clean up like new.I figure I can keep what I want and sell the others.Thanks guys

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Sounds good sirboggles.I use an alcohol retort,to sterilize them after reaming.I then use Salt and alcohol bath on the inside of the bowl.Doing the to cleanings removes any ghosting taste in the pipes.If you decide you want one sometimes PM and when you recieve it,it will be ready to fire up and smoke after opening

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
:D Brother FB... Its nice to know how you haggle before we discuss price on my pipes. It also sounds like I'd better hurry before you run out of money. :puffy:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I can buy them all for $150.00.Does this seem like a good deal?
The MBA in me says: The cost is right as long as the market will bear the price.

Market; meaning you. So, if it seems the stated price is too high and there are no other potential buyers then the price is too high. If the market is you and someone else, and the other can or is willing to pay the stated price then the price is correct or too low.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Wow the mods are really delete happy around here. Mine and a few others who posted asking for pictures got their posts deleted. I bet this post gets deleted too so I will make a 'contributing post'.
I would have snapped them up at $150!
Post pictures!

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Well,after all of this hoo haa,the bastard backed out on me :evil:,fair enough if he had decided before we made the deal,but I went to get them,and his kin had told him he could get more out of them,so I got notta

Status
Not open for further replies.