PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Maybe my 2nd one in my 1.08 years of piping.
Came in from work.

Payed homage to JimInks with some "water & 'bergs". Removed boots and donned smoking slacker attire.

Fired up a load of Potlatch in The Thing.

Put on some vintage Judas Priest.

Lost track of time and space.

Noticed a "lemony" tone from the Virginias previously unrecognized.

Lived happily ever after....

YMMV :puffy:
thing-and-spc.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Never done it with one light, but watching nothing but ash pour out at the end of the smoke just gives you that "huh, look what just happened" smile.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I think it's more likely with the wider chamber. By the time the char light is through, a third of the contents are affected.
jay-roger.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I think it's more likely with the wider chamber. By the time the char light is through, a third of the contents are affected.
But, but, but!! You said one light! :)
Agree that a smoke unwatched can be the best. Too much attention can backfire as well as blow the mood.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm trying to age my Potlatch a year longer, but this tempts me. It does seem like those golden moments arrive unbidden.

Jan 8, 2013
You get some of the best smokes when you pay the least attention to them. :puffy:
Very true, which is why I always have a pipe when watching a movie at home.
These perfect, one light, nothing but ash smokes happen on occasion, but I cherish each one. I know some have smoked for many years and never had one, so each time it's happened I understand it may never happen again. I attribute it to the pipe fairies... sometimes they'll visit while you sleep and sprinkle pipe fairy dust on one of your briars, and sometimes a blend of your tobacco. If you're lucky, you'll choose the right pipe and tobacco before the magic wears off. Gotta love those little guys... hiding around your pipe racks, keeping the moths out of your pipe chambers, sprinkling some magic here and there... wonderful folk they are.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I attribute it to the pipe fairies... sometimes they'll visit while you sleep and sprinkle pipe fairy dust on one of your briars, and sometimes a blend of your tobacco. If you're lucky, you'll choose the right pipe and tobacco before the magic wears off. Gotta love those little guys... hiding around your pipe racks, keeping the moths out of your pipe chambers, sprinkling some magic here and there... wonderful folk they are.
Still enjoying the effects of the cleaning fluid, I see. As we say in these parts, "Onward! through the fog!".
jay-roger.jpg

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
" Still enjoying the effects of the cleaning fluid, I see a ruining joke here" -- With those two involved, how could it be anything el... Oh, you meant "RUNNING"!
"BATH SALTS" -- I'm thinking we may have to worry about one or the other of these two gnawing somebody's face off next voyage. Hmm, who's the newest FNG..... }:)

Status
Not open for further replies.