PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
E5046E22-BDA2-4C6D-81BB-E2CD8AC747D5-27202-000033A6172F01FC_zpsa09d3f79.jpg
Son who is a former 82nd Airborne Vet Desert Storm, Pathfinder, Amatuer GunSmith, was sighting a new pistol at gun range, fiddling with Lazar sight, cycled gin and slide cut him deep, deep, deep, he went to his Truck and was gonna Superglue it and fortunately he realized it was too deep for that. At Emg room Dr told him its good he did not do that because it was so deep. Sent me a picture and called. I told him Dont cry on my shoulder I taught you better than that. Most accidents are by experienced people who think they don't have to follow the Basics. It's the Fourth Of July, Please be careful out there, whatever you do, Fireworks, Grilling, swimming, use good sense. Happy Fourth Of July.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Ouch. The slide bit him good. Luckily this isn't one of the stories about negligent discharge.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have two deep scars on my hand, in the web between thumb and forefinger, because for just a second I forgot to show my knives the respect then need. Lesson lived is a lesson learned. Bet he'll never do that again.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Ouch, that's a bad one.
Reminds me of when I let my thumb get where it shouldn't have been and got slammed by my Garand's bolt; "M1 Thumb" is for real. One time is sufficient for a good lesson.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
How's that go? Familiarity breeds contempt. Did something like that a time or two with the tools of my trade.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
At least it's not a ragged tear, those hurt more on the healing end. That ones bad enough but with luck, he will only have a scar as a reminder. My wife and I will be spending the 4rth at our gun club and after seeing that I might leave the autoloaders at home! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.