PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
This one was originally listed for 200.00. That's 100.00/oz. For tobacco. I would love to have some of this in my cellar as it is the best Balkan I have tried, but it is pretty well out of the picture for me.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221731926805?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well, somebody's trying to make a quick buck. Pipestud had ten or so of those for sale on his site a couple of weeks ago, for about half the amount. I'll be curious to see if there's someone desperate enough to buy this.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've spent a lot of money on Condor. Although I'm tempted to buy some of Stephen Books' tobacco, I don't, though I think his tobacco is worth it. I've also thought about buying Compton's but between the price and the controversies surrounding it, I've stayed away. The price the OP references I find bizarre.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Its a crap shoot with those tall two ounce tins and them rusting. I've had more than one of them rust from the inside and dehydrate the tobacco.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Its a crap shoot with those tall two ounce tins and them rusting. I've had more than one of them rust from the inside and dehydrate the tobacco.
This has been my experience with them as well.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
And I thought cigar smokers were crazy for paying $40 or more for a stick. I'm not crazy, since I never spent more than $35 for cigar. :crazy: :wink:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
*PLEASE NOTE - eBay allows only collectible, out of production sealed tins to be sold. The famous GL Pease Bohemian Scandal went out of production in 2004 and is extremely hard to find these days, more than a decade after production ceased. Additionally, these old style gray label two ounce still factory sealed tins are in "just off the shelf" condition with no rust, no dents, no tears in the paper labels and only slight movement is heard when the tins are shaken with vigor! I have 5 of these magnificent tins available. See the photos for more information regarding these ultra-rare tins that will make a fine addition to any collection.
He says he has five of the tins available and the title of the auction states tins, which would lead me to believe that this auction is the lot of 5 tins for $175, roughly working out to $35/tin.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Such a quandry, I prefer getting quantity of the leaf I buy. I couldn't justify spending this much money on one tin, no matter how much I liked it. Especially since you're literally setting fire to the money you spend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Plenty of good GLP available on the market, current blends at current prices. I think one would have to have an over-active imagination to pay this much, but if someone will pay, that's what it's worth (to them).

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
lordofthepiperings explanation sounds more logical in regard to the pricing. Even $35 per tin is more than I would choose to pay for a smoke, but then again...... I wouldn't pay nearly $500 for a bottle of Krug Brut Vintage 1988, either. To each his own.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
$175 buys a ton of blends to try and see if one is close enough. I am with Brass on not smoking $40 sticks and not going to be smoking $175 tins either.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
First rodeo, eh? Nope, that's 175.00 per tin. He has five available.
I avoid FleaBay like the plague.
He really needs to reword the posting then. It should read one 2 ounce TIN. With the s on the end and stating in the description he has 5 of them it makes a person with logical reasoning and deductive skills assume the sale is for the lot of 5.
If they were only $35 for per tin I could see someone justifying the purchase. It's a Pease blend for one, so you know it'll be top notch. For two it's out of production. For three it has 11yrs of age on it.
Asking $175 for one 2 ounce tin is complete lunacy.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Michael and Monty are right about those tins being risky. I had four of them where the bottom lid of the can weren't sealed. Can you say coffin dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.