X9A5f9E.jpg

Sorry, first image post, using imgur.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This one?
X9A5f9E.jpg

Once your photos are on any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ah, I see you edited the post and got it (the photo) to show. Good show!
Dented tins that don't affect the integrity of the seal are only marginally annoying, if that.

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
Thanks jp. I was posting on my phone, I think that's why I had trouble. I've ordered from P&C for ten years, first time this happened...not a big deal. The air pillows are definitely a P&C thing. I hope they're saving a bit of money on their packaging, I'd honestly rather have beat up tobacco tins on the cheap.

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
Russ, plus their prices are marginally better than Smokingpipes. Whenever I go for a big order, however, mostly everything is backordered.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
My last tin was a little dented as well, but it all went into jars right away. So...jars don't dent and stuff... I refuse to complain.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Just my 2c worth. Really not acceptable, shows there may be other problems in the organisation really if they are happy to send that out.
My other 1c worth is that although Smoking Pipes may be marginally dearer it is interesting that it may only be less than $1 a tin difference? So it may be $10-$11 for an average tin. Over here (Aus) we are paying nearly $US45 a tin so from my point the $1 saved is insignificant if you can get good reliable service from SP. I have used SP for nearly 7 years with only one minor hicup which was solved fairly quickly.
Life is too short to put up with service like that (of course I am including the other threads on this topic outlining lost orders, no phone support etc etc).

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
deniz
They provide huge sales, and to those less sensitive about the way the tin looks, it's a good deal.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've been getting their monthly catalog for almost 3 yrs. It seems they've focused more and more on cigars.

Our market isn't as important, obviously. More profit in sticks. Easier to 'sell'.

Pipes? Oh, yeah, they're nice, but too idiosyncratic for the masses.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Did you contact them and tell them your tins are damaged?
I had a few tins dented in a large order and they shipped me replacement tins and told me to keep the dented ones.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PC got the order right and got it shipped, so hurray. They still need a shipping person who loves to protect the product, as a sport and an obsession. It's just built in. Either someone wants to do that or they don't. I wouldn't be likely to do shipping, but if I did, I would be a border collie about mummifying the items so they wouldn't suffer any blemish. My wife teases me when I send off packages.

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
The last time I had a dented tin they replaced it immediately with no charge or return necessary. I have no idea why they don't pack them with something better, but at least they replaced my tins.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
They have always made such problems right for me. I am sure they will take care of you, too.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The top two tins showing dents are not damaged, except for aesthetics. If you collect tins, get some new ones. Otherwise, smoke now or in five years. Or jar up.
If the round tins are dented, they probably are defective as to seal. Very different materials and construction.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Dented tobacco never smokes quite right. It should be sent to forum members for proper disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.