PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
This pipe arrived yesterday, it's nothing fancy, just a mid range Stefano bent bulldog with silver band. Thing is it was described on the Ebay listing as being in "Excellent Condition". Of the four photos on the listing, none of what you can see below was shown.
I have done business with this lady a few times in the past both on new and estate pipes and have always had good service but this one stretches 'excellent condition' just a little bit too much I reckon.
I e-mailed her sending these very pictures and she offered me a full refund. The problem was I had already started the clean up including starting to steam out some of the dents though I fear some of the scratches/gravel rash will remain.
5x20-600x400.jpg

7x19-600x400.jpg

8x16-600x400.jpg

10x10-600x400.jpg

11x7-600x400.jpg

12x5-600x400.jpg

Regards,
Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"So, you'll be sending back a pipe that is better condition than when you got it?"
Not so, we have negotiated a partial refund.
"Wait, why did you start repairing it if you had a complaint registered?"
Simply because I liked the pipe (larger than your average bulldog) and was confident we could work something out which we are in the process of doing.
My point was when one sees "Excellent Condition" be very wary indeed, especially if you only have limited pictures to view.
Regards,
Jay.

roddypiper

Might Stick Around
Jul 19, 2017
When sellers don't know how to grade the articles they are selling its bad for everyone involved. Glad the seller made it right and hopefully she learned a lesson from this transaction. For buyers it is important to ask questions and ask for additional pictures before bidding. If a seller refuses to send additional pics it should be a red flag. When in doubt don't bid.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Well the outcome was she offered me £10 partial refund which not wanting to be greedy I thought a bit extreme so asked for £8.
Drifter, I have no doubt you know who the seller was. She has a far better reputation than her late husband ever had :wink:
Regards,
Jay.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That seems really fair.
What a concept from a forgotten age.
You made it work, and will now go on to conquer more pipes.
And hopefully, load a bowl of something tasty while you do so.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, by her standards I'M in excellent condition, and I'm glad to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.