Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Today while smoking my pipe, I caught myself talking to me.
Sure, there have been times when I have smacked my thumb with the hammer and said. “You dumb ass Frank. How many years have you been hammering?” Or like the time I fell off the roof and hurt my shoulder. “You stupid S.O.B. You knew this roof was slippery when wet. Why did you go up there?”
But today was different when I talked to me. The conversation lasted longer. I can repeat verbatim what was said. I was sitting on my front porch. The dialogue began after about 15 minutes into my smoke.
“WOW. This is good stuff.” Sip.
“I can smoke this all day.” Sip.
“It kinda tastes like.” Sip. “Geez. I don’t really know what it tastes like.” Sip.
“That squirreled has been looking this way for 10 minutes.” Sip. “
“Okay. Gotta relight. No problem. There.” Sip.
“Remember Frank. Sip slowly.” Sip.
“Yup. Like that.” Sip.
“Boy, this stuff is really good. You need to buy more.” Sip.
Then I heard my wife yell from inside the house. “Honey, who are you talking to?”
“Just me.” Sip.
“You talk to you more than you talk to me.” My wife insisted.
That was when my conversation with me ended, and I went into the house to chat with my wife.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I applied for a job at a nuclear power plant once. The application was absolutely hilarious.
14. Do evil spirits appear to you and make you do things against your will?
□ Yes

□ No
Lots of questions like that. The girl at the desk was mad I kept laughing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not so much when I'm smoking. It puts me in a cerebral mode when I pretty much inhabit my mind.

I do sometimes murmur to myself, organizing my activities, when I am in a chaotic social situation,

like recently at the state fair. "Jeeze, what a crowd." "Don't want to go back there again." Etc. I'd like

to avoid doing extended discourse to myself.

Jan 8, 2013
I talk to me all the time... No you don't.... Yes I do... No. Yes I do! Stop arguing with me! I'm not arguing, Yes I am! Wait... what?.... crap. I've lost it.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Yes during my first bowl of Lane 1-Q. I said WTF have I died and gone to hell. I then tossed the rest of the 8oz and asked my higher power for forgiveness. :(

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.
Do you know the five stages of talking to yourself?

1. Talking to yourself

2. Answering yourself

3. Getting in an angument with yourself

4. Losing the argument

5. Demanding a rebuttal

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Yes, I do. But I have in depth conversations with myself all the time, so beyond the initial fact that it's wierd, it isn't out of the norm. :)

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Even when I'm not smoking. Losing the argument is the worst. Pleased at winning and pissed at losing at the same time. Then I have to tell myself to shut up. No, you shut up. No you shut up. And so it goes........ :crazy:

gamxiaoyuan

Might Stick Around
Sep 12, 2014
China
English is actually an interesting language. In my country, people talking to themselves are definitively unnormal. However, I do know many people talking to themselves in English as I'm one of them. :D

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I talk to myself like this. BTW, this guy has over 1000 videos like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4Q4LVrxVxNk

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I talk to PMon a lot, when he doesn't understand me he cocks his head and when he doesn't agree with me and is mad he makes a humping motion I take it to say Go F€£K yourself , He's takeing after my wife in being smart alecky to me, I have banned him from my smokeins, that will teach him, smart aleck. Get your own Dog Food.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Can y'all be quiet? Me and I are TRYING to have a conversation and we can't hear ourselves think with all this racket!

Status
Not open for further replies.