Eureka! Mystery Tobacco Ghost Discovered (P&W Maple)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I bought this pipe about a year and a half ago. It was the first high-grade Nachwalter I had ever come across and I was ecstatic to be able to purchase it. When it arrived, though, I was devastated. I could smell the sweet aromatic that had been smoked in it all the way through the box and packaging. And I just knew it had been ruined for me, a VA smoker. Long story short, I got most of the sweet, nice-smelling ghost out of the pipe, but I could still always get a hint of it when I smoked my VA flakes. And this wasn't bad, as I actually liked the touch of vanilla sweetness that just barely peaked through and complimented by FVF, BBF, etc.
After a while, I started craving an aromatic that smelled and tasted like that ghost. I wanted that aromatic, in fact, but how would I find it? Trial and error? But I hated most aromatics. Well, I'm almost 100% certain that the mystery tobacco was none other than Pipeworks & Wilke's Vermont Maple Cavendish. I just smoked my first bowl in the pipe and I'm positive this is it. Somehow, the stars were aligned and my aromatic quest has been completed.
nachwalter-dublin-cumberland-600x400.jpg

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
What a great looking pipe and story. And for me (mostly aro smoker) the Pipeworks & Wilke's Vermont Maple Cavendish sounds delicious.

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
Very nice pipe and great story. Somethings are just made to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.