PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
A couple weeks ago I found two pounds of Esoterica Penzance.
So today I got some good news and some bad news.
Good news: Got another pound of Penzance today AND my first pound of Stonehaven!
Bad news: The well is dry. Nothing left to buy. Gonna have to find another source.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Sorry, hopefully the sarcasm came through on that. It's great you have found some Esoterica. The phone call trick does work. It has yet to get me any Penzance but I have got a few other tough to find blends this way.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
LOL - I definitely got the sarcasm. Hilarious post my friend. :)
I haven't even opened a bag for myself. If I did, do you think 7 people would want one ounce each? (and one ounce for myself?) I would want to avoid a price so high as to make me a gouger or a profiteer, but it's gotta at least be worth the effort of opening, weighing, bagging, packing, and paying for shiping, right? Not sure I can make it make sense. I'd rather cellar it for myself than to try to be a profiteer.
Anyway - cheers!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well, if you open it and like it, just jar the rest. It will age well in a jar if you leave it shut. If you try it and don't like it, it is an easy blend to trade or sell. I would certainly offer up some goodies in trade. The only thing I can say though is not to expect a huge flavor bomb. I think Penzance is an excellent English blend but for myself at least, the balance of flavors is what does it for me. It doesn't slap you in the face with a unique flavor like ODF or Gaslight and i think that disappoints a lot of people after they have heard so much about it. For what it is though, it's exceptional.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
Yessir. I'm trusting there's a reason it's third by both weight and containers of most cellared tobaccos at tobaccocellar.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.