Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Escudo dating

(5 posts)
  1. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was going to post a question about dating Escudo tins when I decided to use the Search Forums feature. I normally come a cropper but tonight was magic.

In this link: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/how-old-is-that-tin-of-tobak#post-81209 I found the following post by Mr. Romeowood from two years ago: "..while Escudo tins have a series of numbers perpendicular to the bar code reading 'XXXXXXXXXX' where the first two digits are the year, the second two the month, the third two the day, and the rest are batch numbers; .."

I learned a couple of things tonight: the Search Forums feature, for once, finally worked for me and the Escudo tins I've been laying aside are older than what I thought. I've got to call that a good day.

Fnord

It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says - like dumb - I'm smart and I want respect!
    Fredo Corleone
    Posted 6 years ago #
  2. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I remember that thread and found it very useful in dating my Escudo tins. It is nice to get aged ones when you think they are going to be brand new.

Harris
    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

youngpiper1

Login to Send PM

me being the novice I am I assumed it had something to do with actual dating...like couples...I thought Escudo was foreign for something, is Escudo a good tobacco?

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I thought Escudo was foreign for something, is Escudo a good tobacco?

Youngpiper1, the PM Forums Search Function, at the top right side of the PM Forums home page, is your friend.

Simply type "Escudo" in the search box, hit the Enter key and POOF -- a ton of threads telling you a lot of things about the Escudo blend.

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

121006....I guess these guys can use some aging.

Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   craig61a, odobenus, disinformatique, condorlover1, monkeylyf