PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised by this blend as I do not like many aromatics. This one seems to be lightly topped with vanilla. Maybe a slight honey note as well.
This is an aromatic that I can smell while I smoke, so the room note adds to the pleasure for me. The tin smell reminds me of chewing tobacco, and it smokes like it smells. I recommend a medium to large bowl for this one as well.
I had picked up the tin some time ago so it sat around for 3 or 4 months. I did not expect to like it; however, the tolerable room note was agreeable with the "you know what" so I may actually keep a tin around.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
i got the flakes and i enjoy them think i will have a bowl i noticed when i fold and stuff the fruity flavor seams to come out better than if i rub them out

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Just remember to dedicate a pipe to this blend because without a full restoration you'll not get the flavor out. But it is Fine Tobacco.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Erinmore is one of my favorites, though I find the nic hit is kinda strong so I smoke it in small pipes. Never much noted a ghost from it though.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I picked up a bargain, I know tobacco shouldn't be sold on ebay but I noticed that a Erinmore tin was marked still sealed and also 7 available but no option to buy all 7, so I contacted the seller and said that I would like to buy several tins but there was no option to do this, she got back to me and said that if I won the auction she would let me have all 7 tins. I won at £6.20 (English) and she sent me a message that I could have all 7 at £5 each, £5 postage toal £40, this is over half price, they arrived in the post next day. Loving this lovely Irish tobacco, one that can be smoked all day and has an aroma that most people love.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Have not noticed any ghosting. This tobacco, to my taste, is on the very edge of aromatic. If it's topped, it is only slightly so.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Haven't had Erinmore in some time. I liked the Flake. The tin smell reminded me of Juicy Fruit gum. I think I'll pop into the local B&M and get a bit of it.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I agree that this is on the edge of aromatic. It is ever so slight, but whatever it is... it taste like it smells. Most aros are a let down for me as the never deliver the expected flavor. I recommend slow light puffs o this one to bring out the flavor.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
This is one of the very few blends that I really couldn't get on with. I actually had to throw out what I had left as every time I smelt it, it just reminded me of vomit.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I've found, what others like, I don't. It's all a matter of what ever suits your pallet. Even the write up given by the company is a guess. I just want a no-bite all day smoke. A tobacco that doesn't taste like chemicals.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I just ordered a Tin of John Aylesbury Summerhill. Anyone sample that yet? It's hard to find, so it must be popular to a lot of smokers.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
been lookin at the flake, sounds really good, could someone either post or pm me their description of this flake, like your own personal opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.