PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I just ordered a whole bunch of C&D Epiphany on a whim, it is outside my normal tastes but it being based on my idol Al Einstein's go to smoke pushed me over the edge. Anyone tried it? Like it? Hate it? Why?

:puffpipe:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Ah, the elusive quest for the famous Einstein blend. I have not tried C&D's version yet. I did smoke the Philip Morris blend in college and enjoyed it. I can't remember if I had the House Of Windsor version.

The original Revelation was a cube cut and I believe may have had an anise flavoring as well. As I said, it was enjoyable (for a college freshman) but rather pedestrian. Einstein may have been a genius but when it came to pipe tobacco he could have chosen better. Knowing C&D's quality I'm sure it is an improvement over Revelation.

Please let us know what you think of this.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
pipesandcigars.com offers a supposed Revelation match by Altadis.

http://pipesandcigars.com/rhoofwimapit.html

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I am nervous to order form any e-tailer other than 4noggins, I have heard of people getting dinged by customs with others too often! I appreciate the link though Unclearthur!

rmedtr6

Lurker
Nov 3, 2010
Epiphany has become my all day smoke. As much as I love a Balkan or English Blend that is heavy with Latakia, I typically smoke 7-9 bowls a day and find Epiphany much gentler to my tongue. Let us know how you like it.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I've ordered from Pipesandcigars.com and Justforhim several times. No problems yet. And both have given excellent service, great packaging and shipping.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I have had great luck ordering online from PipesAndCigars, Iwan Ries & Co, and 4Noggins. However, I have had a problem with ordering bulk tobacco from PipesAndCigars. When I weigh my orders as I cellar them, I find they sent more than the ordered amount. As if thats a bad thing LOL. :crazy:

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
I order from pipes&cigar and smoking pipes often, never had anything but excellent services

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
As far as Epiphany goes....my experience is not so good. I love the name....and I wanted to love the tobacco....but my tongue did not like it at all.... :crying:

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I have a tin of Epiphany but I was going to pick up 100g bulk because it's so cheap and use that for current smoking instead. Let me know what you think, marmal4de...
(The allure of Einstein's personal smoke and the blend of all the different tobaccos makes it sound very appealing, I fell for the marketing hooks myself ;) Reviews seem to be all over the map, however. YMMV)

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
The lack of consistent reviews make me want to wait it till I grow a little in experience. I'm smoking Bailey's front porch & Dr. Bradley so I'm content for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.