PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Just wondering what the difference is between these two. To me the flavoring is similar but so overpowering its hard to taste the tobacco. But the brown flake does seem to have a little of that Brown Irish X tobacco taste. Am I on the right track ? Any opinions?

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
To me the flavoring is similar but so overpowering its hard to taste the tobacco.
Sums up all Lakelands accurately. If you don't like the floral-soapy essence, skip anything that has even a trace of it. The tiniest amount will still be prominently noticeable, and any more than that and it's all you'll taste.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
They have very different flavor profiles, in my opinion.
Ennerdale = Almond, Floral, Citrus, Vanilla
Brown FLake scented = Licorice, Maple, Tonquin, Floral
Both are floral, that's for sure and if ya don't like it, ya don't like it. I have no problem tasting the tobacco. The flavors intertwine with the natural tobacco for some outstanding flavors, it's simply genius.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I love Lakelands and to me they're very different.
Brown Flake Scented has maple and tonquin flavoring, I think, while Ennerdale has cherry, almond and rose (or something like that). With the Brown Flake, I get lots of mild, sweet maple/vanilla flavors, while Ennerdale just tastes weird and fruity, with some roses mixed in. I love it, but it's just plain weird. The tobaccos in Ennerdale are brighter, too, so it's more like a bright VA flake than is the Brown Flake Scented. Of all the scented Lakelands, I think Brown Flake Scented is probably the least weird. Almost all the others have flower essences or musk, so the maple and tonquin (vanilla-type flavor) in BBS is fairly tame by comparison.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Oh I like them, just wondering what peoples take was on them. I'm really digging the Vanilla flake, It reminds me be of a sweet Brown Irish X with a little lakeland flavor, very nicely balanced between flavor and tobacco.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
I like Ennerdale but I only smoke it a few times a year. I recently tried Brown Flake Scented and Dark Flake Scented. They were "OK" but they seemed more like an Ennerdale wann-a-bee. The flavor was good, just weak and faint.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
It's funny: Ennerdale's tin note is absolutely overpowering to me, but I don't taste it much during the smoke, and the beautiful tobacco shines through quite nicely. It seems I and the others who enjoy this genre have a similar experience, while those who dislike it are overwhelmed. That said, I'm only in the mood for it on occasion, and the unscented offerings are lovely as well.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
It's funny: Ennerdale's tin note is absolutely overpowering to me
When I was a kid, we always used Flex brand shampoo -- and that's exactly what fresh Ennerdale smelled like to me the first time I opened a tin. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.