PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
bonfire-600x448.jpg

We live along a river and it will on occasion send drift wood our way which we use to create a nice little bonfire. This Sat. night we had a nice one. Our two kids brought over some friends, swam in the river and later that night, roasted marshmellows while I enjoyed my pipe and a Heddy Topper IPA.
And the sky was as clear as it gets, we were able spy a number of satellites and enjoyed a night sky filled with stars.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks Jason - it is an incredible spot. Weather permitting, my two girls (ages 9 + 11) are in it every single day until Sept. There is a nice pool that's about 10 ft deep and they will take an inner tube, carry it up river and ride it down back through the rapids and into the pool. Then do it all over again. A lot of fun.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
You gotta love the Vermont landscape. That looks like a very relaxing spot Six and I assume you spend a lot of time there. The sound of running water, a nice fire, a well deserved adult beverage and nice bowl of quality baccy. Sounds like heaven to me.
Enjoy.
Dan

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks guys for your comments! it was a great night I have to say.

That looks like a very relaxing spot Six and I assume you spend a lot of time there. The sound of running water, a nice fire, a well deserved adult beverage and nice bowl of quality baccy. Sounds like heaven to me.
Thanks Dan - it is a spot we enjoy quite a lot - it is for us a little bit of heaven. :puffy:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Our first home was on a river that opened up into a small lake, and one of my very favorite memories - in addition to the campfires and swimming - was being able to go out fishing every morning and evening. Lots of Small-mouthed Bass, Pickerel, and Hornpout. It was so peaceful in the morning; a very beautiful time in our lives.
Good for you Six, Vermont is beautiful and a great place to raise a family. I am just over in New Hampshire and we visit Vermont quite often.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Good for you Six, Vermont is beautiful and a great place to raise a family. I am just over in New Hampshire and we visit Vermont quite often.
Thanks conlejm - nice to know another New Englander!
Nice! I've always wanted a property with a river.
It's awesome - but I will admit there are pitfalls. We got flooded 3 years ago and it took us that long to rebuild (still not 100% done - but close enough). Still, as bad as that was, the perks of living here are still worth it.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks Bradley and Gary - much appreciated! The pipe btw is my Peterson Rosslare Spigot (107) from smokingpipes.com - a great smoker.
photo-534x600.png

faust

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2014
Looks like you're also having a great smoking experience today (in reference to @kendodan's Japan experience)! Also thats a great looking pipe! :D Enjoy

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
but I will admit there are pitfalls. We got flooded 3 years ago
Never thought of that, I'll be sure to put my place up on a mountain above the river like a true north westerner! Glad to hear the rebuild is going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.