PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
I recently bought a few ounces of C&D Habana Daydream to try as a change of pace. I thought a cigar mix would be just the thing especially knowing that I do like the "Billy Budd" blend. Well, Habana Daydream was smokeable, but was really too harsh for my tastebuds at present. It seemed as if it was a little green and would benefit from some aging. So...I jarred 2/3 of it up and left out some to experiment with.

After a couple of not so great mixes, I actually mixed something that was pretty good. I mixed the Habana daydream 60/40 with PS Balkan Supreme. The mixture tamed down the harshness and became a different animal altogether. I would have to say it became a really "full Bodied" deep english with a kick. This stuff tastes good and has just the right nic. "umph" I really like it. If you have these two laying around, you may want to give it a shot. Then again you may hate it, who knows.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Habana Daydream is not everyone's cup-of-tea. If you're an old codger like me who craves a stronger smoke once in a while, then I recommend it. It can really make the room spin if you don't take it easy. It's more of a cigar blend than a real English but the latakia and perique make it interesting. I enjoy it as an occasional smoke. I will take Roth's advice and try aging it some.

Status
Not open for further replies.