PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkrockarmy

Might Stick Around
Jan 13, 2013
What are some of your favorite English blends that you would recommend to new English lover? I'm looking for somthing full and flavorful but not too strong in the nicotine department... maybe something with medium strength. Boswell's Northwoods has, so far, been the only English I have tried and want to try more.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
I have to agree that EMP is a particularly good "beginner's" English blend.

It was my first....

And, you know what they say about your first...

You never forget.

It's remains one of my favorites to this day....

Don't tell my wife.

"Oh! You're smokin' that stinky stuff again!"

:D
:puffy:

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Peter Stokkebye Proper English and Newminster No.17 English Luxus are 2 good ones and they're available in bulk so they're pretty reasonably priced.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Frog Morton's to me was a good English blend I will always keep in my rotation

bigmick

Might Stick Around
Nov 1, 2012
SG Skiff Mixture is a nice medium blend. As is Balkan Flake. I'm also a fan of PS's Proper English and English Oriental. My favorite latakia blend is C&D Pirate Kake. It is not an all the time blend for me, but a nice treat a couple times a month. Since the females in the house won't let me smoke it indoors I'm waiting til warm weather to have another bowl.

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
H&H Black House, Frog Morton On the Bayou, and Peterson Old Dublin. All are very good.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
As a new English smoker myself I only tried two. Early morning pipe and frog Morton. I preferred the EMP to the frog.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Tried a bowlful of Fusilier's Ration the other day and thought it was fantastic. It's Russ Ouilette's take on Bengal Slices.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Has anyone tried SPC's Missippi River? I saw a review of that last night and the guy was going ga-ga over it. Seems like its pretty hard to find though.

Status
Not open for further replies.