PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
For English blends, stay away from blends with perique or burley. These are your nic powerhouse tobaccos.
A lot of this is subjective,but I find Squadron Leader and Old Dublin to be good all day English blends, and I am not a big fan of Lady Nicotine, either. Dunhill Flake might be worth checking out, as well as Best Brown Flake.
Of course, if your tummy is empty, anything is liable to kick you in the teeth,

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Another Virginia (don't be scared of the Perique it has) is Orlik Golden Sliced. Very light.
I'm a bad judge of Lady N. I really have to be hit over the head with it to notice it.

surlysoul

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2013
I don't like nicotine and I like to smoke Best Brown Flake, Frog Morton Cellar, Penzance, and Squadron Leader.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I think you can just say anything by McClelland. Even their VaPers are on the low N side.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
If I didn't like nicotine so much, I'd be an exclusive McClelland smoker. As it is, I get very little enjoyment from their tobaccos because I can't get a nicotine fix from them despite the fact that some of their products are delicious. In fact, I sometimes think that something in their processing methods removes all nicotine from some of their mixtures (the Frog Morton series, for instance). So I would definitely recommend them.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I smoke eight to ten bowls a day. Been doin this 30 yrs. now. If these were high nic blends I'd be pulling a pulmonary embolism by now. Sos I stick with low nic English & Balkan blends. See, I wanna see the faces of my granchildren. So, I'd recommen Star of the East, Charring Cross, Abingdon, Westminster, Odessa, Squadron Leader, Margate, Penzance, Campfire, Engine 99 ... See if these don't jerk your bobber. An get back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.