PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
I don't keep my tins unless there limited edition or vintage for display in my smoking room and toss the rest don't want to much clutter but I do like the art on tins.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
But I have seen a creative table were cigar smokers laminated cigar bands on a table and looked neat maybe you can make a smoking table top from tins.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
" hot glue a trimmed champagne cork in them and voila... a nifty portable ashtray!"
That is a great idea!

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
Thanks 4dot, I've been using an old Erinmore tin converted in this way for a few years, the size and shape makes it super convenient.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I hot-glue a trimmed champagne cork in them and voila... a nifty portable ashtray!
Thanks Lumberjack - nice idea.
A clock is a very cool idea too - have to look into that.

Aug 14, 2012
You could make an interesting bra out of them. Not a bad idea. I might try it on a model this summer. Maybe with no straps.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I use them in the garage for small parts storage and my wife uses them to store sewing bobbins and misc. needles. The rest get tossed in the bin.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I use tins for ashes, and the cans on my workbench for storing things but no more than a few are there right now.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I've seen a guy online somewhere do t remember where lay out all the Tins and poured a clear over them incasing then all and when the clear cured he had a pretty cool coffee table ill see if I can find it

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Personal First Aid Kit.

Band-aids ("plasters" for my brothers and sisters across the pond), butterfly sutures, tweezers, small roll of gauze, medical tape wrapped around a pencil, anti-septic wipes, Neosporin, Aleve, antacid, antihistamine, Immodium AD. 50g rectangular tins work best.
-Jason

Aug 14, 2012
You could build a house out of them Somebody did it out of beer or soda cans once. Put the empty sides inwards and also have some interesting storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.