PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
One of my staff members found this pipe in an old trunk that belonged to her late grandfather. The trunk was in storage for at least twenty five years. The bag is deteriorating but you can still read Emperor over World's Choicest Briar. It is a small pipe a little less than five inches long. It has been smoked very little. Very nice of her to think that I might like to have it!
0122131250-112x150.jpg

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Wow. Looks like NOS (New Old Stock). Did some quick research on Pipedia. Not much on either Emperor Pipes or Continental Briar Pipe Company and nothing on Empire Briar Pipe Co. Nice little pipe though.
http://pipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Briar_Pipe_Co.

http://pipedia.org/wiki/Emperor

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
3.50 was a big chunk of change back then,,,I remember going to the movies for 25 cents and coke for a dime a bottle,,,,yup,,old fart..

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Roth found an ad on EBay from 1943 for Emperor Pipes. The price range in the ad is the same $3.50 to $7.50 as the brochure accompanying my pipe. Don't know what that means for mine. It's a cool little pipe! Smoked a bowl of Carter Hall in it this afternoon. Nice smoker!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011

I won an Emperor standard pipe on Ebay a week ago for $9. The stem was oxidized and pretty foul. Some oxi clean fixed it up! I have smoked one bowl so far and its a nice lil smoker!

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
@buster
Does yours have the same type of stem system as the ones previously mentioned? If so, does the pipe show a patent number?

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
No patent number. The stem has, "hand finished" on it and the briar says standard and Emperor emported briar.wonder if this could help date the pipe? Any one know?

Status
Not open for further replies.