PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
smokingdamagetocomputers.jpg

Here's a picture of what can happen when your computer and other electronic devices are overexposed to smoking...

Luckily, I smoke oustide. Something to consider?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Nope that is just dust bunnies on a IBM 286 . I fix computers on the side for people I work with and the girls in my wife office pool . The lint kills them all .

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
I agree with igloo.
Smoking in your computer room is not a problem. Dust (which in the home is made up mainly of sloughed off SKIN CELLS!) is what can build up inside a computer.

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
my wife dust often and she says where does it come from every time.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Do consider the heavily cased. Value brand tobacco , purchased at the wall greens. After a week of use I was able to see drip's running down my dashboard that resembled coffee. I soon stoped smoking the product, and have not experienced this issue since.
...but we ARE talking about a 286 !!!

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
That pc looks like what one might look like after about 15 years of smoking and that being the ONLY environmental factor.
Dust is the biggest problem. My house is small, there are 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds, and 5 humans. Not to mention that my dogs bring in dirt from outside, that's a whole lotta dust creating factors. If I don't clean my towers out once every 3 months, then they'll look as bad as that in the pic.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
smoking will not increase risk to your electronics any further than existing dust risks. . . unless yer smoking something with one of the strange cases that leads to running liquid on even your walls in short order (but who smokes those after the first they notice the issue?)

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Doesn't the smoke particles attach themselves to lint and dust ??? hmmmmm...??

My friends old TV has a real nice "nicotine/tar" tint at the corners of his screen....

I told him not to exhale.... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.