PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I just received a 1970s Kaywoodie Relief Grain shape 80B that I bought on Ebay for $4.27. Add $6.00 shipping and total cost for this fine piece of briar is $10.27. I'm smoking the pipe now and it's great. It's in immaculate shape: the seller ought to go into professional restoration. Here's a pic of the pipe.
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q786/joeahearn/kaywoodie_relief_grain_dec_12.jpg

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
I picked up a Kaywoodie Saxon a few weeks back for next to nothing and it's a great smoker. Nice pick up!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
They took the time to restore the pipe and sold it for less than $5.... lol
People's time these days must be worth next to nothing huh?
Nice Score. I bet the seller was cursing all sorts of exotic words shipping that bad boy out.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I love Kaywoodie pipes and the relief grains are a bargain. Congrats on a fine acquisition, if you decide to sell you should be able to double or triple your $$ on that one. Any good relief grain Kaywoodie should command no less than a $20 dollar bill!!!! Sweet.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats! Can't beat that with a stick. Older Kaywoodies are fine pipes too. I have one from the '60s or '70s and it really smokes well.

colesradioactive

Might Stick Around
Apr 3, 2012
I have always heard good things about Kaywoodies, especially the older models but I've yet to own one much less smoke one. Yours looks to be a fine addition. The more posts I read about them, the more I realize that I should keep a watchful eye out for one to add to my own collection

Status
Not open for further replies.