Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieldlye

Lurker
Sep 13, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
I've been looking at the vintage Ropp pipes on Ebay being sold by the seller "bruyerepipes". I particularly like the square-shanked "Biarritz" ones he has available.
Has anyone here brought one of these pipes? If so what was it like? I see that they range in price a little, I presume based on condition, although from the photos I can't see much difference between the pricier ones and the cheaper ones.
Thanks

Dan

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've got a few estate Ropp pipes that I like. I'd worry just a bit about buying from that seller with the five dissatisfied customers with complaints I see there. Smokingpipes.com has some vintage Ropps you may like. Maybe take a look at those.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I'm with tuold on this at least with Smoking Pipes if there was an issue with the pipe their customer service will be more than happy to resolve it to your satisfaction, I got one from them and it is fabulous.

banjo

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I've bought from him before -- everything was great and the shipping from Europe fairly quick. Can't explain the price differentials on the different pipes.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I would'nt worry about theose 5 negative feedback!

Out of the five, one sounded like it might have had a real problem. They other four sounded like they were whiners. But as banjo and tuold said, SP has them and they are closer.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I saw a great discount on a Ropp straight apple (red stain, raspberry stem) at Iwan Ries and asked my wife for it as a gift. I think it had been in inventory quite a while; it didn't resemble any other current Ropp's I was seeing. It's a great pipe, light weight, livelier color, and a good slightly restricted draw (but open enough). It wasn't an ebay pipe, but it was probably a few years old, and I am very satisfied with it. Also has a nice double silver-tone band and an ample bowl. And ... not just like anything else I've seen, Ropp or otherwise.

danieldlye

Lurker
Sep 13, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks guys I appreciate the reply's. I've seen the ones on Smoking Pipes too, but I'm not into the horn stems so much.
I'm located in New Zealand, so shipping is long distance regardless for me !
It seems we are spoiled for choice when it comes to vintage Ropp's at present!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.