PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Just grabbed this Peterson Zippo special edition from Ebay for only $75. It's a Standard System shape #30 with "Zippo" engraved on the nickel band, and, of course, a Sherlock Zippo lighter.
2jhd2o.jpg

28w2kcp.jpg

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
That looks like a beauty.
Now that your mentioning Peterson, I just took out my original Peterson (look very much like yours) that I have had for over 35 years and cleaned it out with a retort. It still has ghosting with the aro's I used to smoke many moons ago. I will try a salt treatment hopefully this weekend.
Although I probably paid about near $100 back then, it has been an old friend for me and I want to rekindle the friendship even though I have several 'fancy' pipes in my rotation.
I hope your beauty smokes well for you.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
A most excellent buy sir!! both value and beauty in that there box!!
I do enjoy ebay more than my wife would allow... :lol:

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Thank you, all, for your comments and wishes. I'm smoking it now, and enjoying some Peterson Connoisseur's Choice. Interestingly, this pipe did not have the "pre-charring" in the bowl that's found in the newer models, so I'm guessing it's an older pipe, although brand new condition.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I have the same one, I got it a few years back. (Maybe '05 or '06? It actually has Zippo written on the band) Mine also didn't have carbon in the bowl, but did have stain that needed to get cleaned out. I didn't realize that at the time, but if you have no 'off' taste while smoking it then it sounds like all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.