PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailboylou

Lurker
Jul 20, 2012
Heya folks,
Just thought I'd share some luck I just had bidding on a ~1950s Peterson System 314 pipe (including original box + instructions etc).
kgrhqnhjfeodw2lrbpmts1r.jpg

Just need to get the $$$ to the seller and hopefully will have it within the week :D
Am particularly stoked as it's my first decently branded pipe (I'm using a small no name pocket briar for my everyday smoking for the most part) - even more pleased as I really wanted a Peterson System, and having one with so much history attached is far more appealing to my tastes than a brand new one could ever be :)
Joyously,

Louie

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Fantastic Lou I know you'll be pleased with that beauty. My first good quality pipe was also a Peterson, just be patient breaking it in, they can sometimes take 10 to 20 bowls before they settle in and give you a wonderful smoke.

mailboylou

Lurker
Jul 20, 2012
Thanks all:)
docwatson - will remember your advice and "bear with it" for the extra breaking in time :)

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Nice score! I started with a Pete and I still smoke it regularly. I only have 2 of their pipes though I keep thinking it might be about to time add another.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Very nice! The box and advertisements make it even more special. :puffpipe:

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Congratulations-I have the 307 just recently procured and it's a great smoker...even with the P-lip which I wasn't use to.

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
Nice score and welcome....
I've been watching the Petes on EBay for a while, bid on a bunch but not just quite enough.
I love the idea of the older vintage pipes.
I actually got a gourd calabash tonight.. :D

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Looks great, I just bought a new Peterson 314 standard and it is a great smoker, it is rather small though. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.