PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Are any of the eBay cob pipe worth buying? I'm seeing a lot of them going for very cheap. They aren't mm cobs, but how wrong could you go with an el'cheapo eBay cob?

Jul 12, 2011
Buy an MM cob from marscigars.com I have seen them as cheap as $5./ea over there and you will be glad you did, knock-offs are a complete waste of your coin brah :puffy:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
What the dragon say is truth.

Stick with MM cobs, I don't recall the name of my 1st cob but it had a "Product of China" sticker on it. Great fiery bowl burnout just above the shank hole the 4th or 5th bowl smoked in it. Good for pyrotechnic display, bad for smokin'.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Honestly as cheap as MM cobs are, new and from more trustworthy sources, there's no reason to get a cob off of ebay. Unless its some vintage style no longer in production or some such thing.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Ya I already have a mm legend in the mail I ordered last week from eBay.
The ones i just saw were 20 pipes for $20 bucks shipped. They look pretty decent, but don't want to take the risk of a lap of burning embers.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20P-Classic-Applied-natural-Corn-Cob-Smoking-pipe-a8-M-/170730456235?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c05404ab#ht_2478wt_761

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Ya a the local pipe shops have mm cob but are about $15. I ordered a mm legend on eBay last week for $7 shipped.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
One of my first pipes was a non-MM cob, poked a hole right through the spongy bottow with the pipe nail after two whole smokes. What a piece of garbage!!!

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Honestly as cheap as MM cobs are, new and from more trustworthy sources, there's no reason to get a cob off of ebay.
+1

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
To be honest, if you can't afford to buy MM cobs, you probably can't afford to smoke. http://www.marscigars.com/corncob.aspx has about the best prices going, and offer 10% off on dozen lots of the same model.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Stay away from ebay. When people see you smoking a genuine MM Cob, They'll be impressed by what a big spender you are.

Nothing but the best.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Sweet thanks for the link! I'll def be ordering from there.
The only problem with me going to a vendor like pipesandcigars or smokingpipes, is that the shipping usually costs me at the minimum $20. So I'd have to buy a large sum to make it worth it. That's why I went to eBay, the shipping is much cheaper. Just trying to save some money for more baccy haha.

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
The China cobs are shitty. The shank is cut wrong. It will burn out very quickly. In the bent pipes, the 'bent' is only in the plastic mouth piece. The shank is level, not angled, and once again it is inserted wrong and some will be lose as soon as you get them. Also, being from China, you do not know what they were sprayed with to stop mildew and rodents in the warehouse. They are worth about fifty cents each. You aren't really saving anything. MM is cheap and the best you can buy.
Aristocobs is another reliable on line seller of all the MM cobs. I believe he will send by regular first class mail as opposed to the shipping companies. I've had no trouble getting them sent to Canada without paying UPS rates.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
you might want to visit
http://www.corncobpipe.com/
i buy direct from them at the factory over in washington mo

Status
Not open for further replies.