PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Hey guys. I just ordered East India's Rum Punch Sampler. It contains 3 of their blends: Cellar Reserve, Officers Club, and Royal Challenge. I have had Cellar Reserve and its a pleasant tasting aro. I have never tried the other 2. Does anyone have experience with these blends?
Also i want to order some of Mac Barens Scottish Mix as i heard thats a good blend, and I am a Scotty haha. Any thoughts on that blend?
Thanks brothas!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
MacBaren's Mixture (Scottish Blend) is an old standby -it's been in MacB's lineup since 1958. It is not a "Scottish" blend as the term is used on this side of the pond - that is, a latakia blend with unflavored cavendish added, a la Dunhill 965. Rather,it is a light aro,of the sort that even folks like me, who don't enjoy heavy aros, can enjoy.

Many folks have found that it can bite. Smoke it slowly - sip it. If you puff like a freight train going uphill, you will regret it.Properly smoked, however,it is a very pleasant blend indeed.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
What's the rationale behind MB's curing/blending that despite that smokers complain over and over about bite, they still don't correct it. They do so many things right, taste, packaging, price; why not correct the bite and watch earnings climb?

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Well guys i have smoked all three of the East India blends. All where good aros but I really enjoyed the officers club blend. Very smooth rum/vanilla blend. It is an aro i could smoke everyday. I would recommend the sampler pack for aro lovers. pipesangcigars.com has all three in a rum punch sampler for like 25 bucks.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Re: officers blend: Can't say as I blame you. Should wait for the Non commissioned officer blend. We are better and do all the work anyhow... ;)

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
I smoked another bowl of royal challenge. I am starting to enjoy it more. It has a wierd cool then hot feeling on the tongue. Not really a tongue bite per say. Has anyone experienced this with different blends? Gave me a very "I am out at ocean" feel haha.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Another vote for Scottish Mix.
jiujitsubowl, I like your bowler. I have a couple of homburgs among my hat collection but no bowlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.