PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
My wife was doing some second hand store browsing and found this.
It's lined with copper and has the original hardware.
After some clean up I'll use it to store my "in rotation" blends and extra accessories.
cushman.jpg

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
That looks cool. It is nice that furniture made in the past was made well and will last many years if properly cared for.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
What a great find. I have a similar cabinet, it was given to us by a friend 20 years before I started smoking a pipe. My uncle made a new walnut top for it and we refinished it. I kept my original collection on top and after outgrowing that, I keep supplies inside it now.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thanks guys!
I was contemplating the removal of the hardware on top to accomodate a rack as well ... looks good!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
@Cob: Beautiful cabinet and a wonderfully ornate find. I've seen several of them while trolling antique malls/second hand stores and I've always wondered why they're lined with copper. Any idea?
@Al: Is that an air freshener hanging off of the cabinet knob? Really? Love those Scotties!
Fnord

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Excellent find. Your wife did very well. Things like that are non-existent in my corner of the PNW.
Al, maybe you could tack that air freshener to the back of the cabinet.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The air fresher was when I had pipes on top (as in the picture) and it was in our dining room. I've now moved all of my pipes to the much larger bow front case, which seals off any odor. And both moved to our formal living room (aka the unused room...).

Status
Not open for further replies.