PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Does anyone know anything about EA Carey magic inch pipes? I've seen them on Ebay for really cheap but don't know anything about them...

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I bought one of their specials awhile ago. I wasn't crasy about the pipe and it's since found a good home.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Sam is right. I own three of them. Two of mine where made in England and are nice pipes, one is made in Italy and looks plastic. The English ones are the older models and are very decent looking pipes and smoke ok. The one made in Italy I have never even smoked it, just sits on the shelf.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Rumour has it Carey is set to both make and sell pipes under the name Barling, which should dramatically improve reviews :D

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
I have recently begun buying tobacco from EA Carey and very good it is too, in my opinion. A good range and quality, Danish made mostly, I think. You can also join their Tobacco Club if you want to make regular orders of tobacco.The service is excellent. They sell a range of pipes, from a wide variety of makers, including Savinelli, Peterson, Dr. Plumb, Vauen and Dunhill, but in small quantity. The largest grouping of pipes is their own brand. The 'Magic Inch' is a useful little piece of paper, columnar, which slips over the insert in the stem. It absorbs the moisture and tar. It does help to produce a dry smoke and needs replacing after every smoke. I have a couple of their pipes which are light in weight and pleasant enough. However, as with everything, what you pay for is what you get. The cheaper pipes I find to be a bit plasticky and almost toy like. Their higher range stuff looks good. Prices vary. The firm also sells a lot of accessories and a small range of cigars. They are worth investigating. The website is attractive and you can also receive a hard copy catalogue. I recommend them, particularly in regard to their tobacco, which I love and the quality of their service, which is personalised and direct. Good luck in your explorations!

G.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have 6 of their Magic Inch pipes. Three I like a lot, Three so-so. But please know I am a cheap pipe smoker, I have nice briars, but always seem to gravitate to the lesser expensive ones...

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I don't have any Magic Inch pipes, but I do have a Duncan Hill Aerosphere, which I believe is marketed by them. I really like the Duncan Hill

Aerosphere. I know it's cheap pipe, and I bought mine off ebay for $1.25 plus shipping, and to me it's worth much more than that. It's a great cool smoke, as it has a carburetor in the stem. The Carey Magic Inch pipes seem a little more complicated, and fussy to me, but then again, I've never smoked one.

Buy one used and try it out, if it's an older one, the briar is probably pretty good.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
One thing I have found out about the Magic Inch System, they do what they say they do! Cool, dry smoke every time(For Cheap)...

Reactions: TruckerSteve
Status
Not open for further replies.