PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Curious if any of you gents know much about the Dunhill Unique lighters. I picked up one at the local B&M a week or so ago. It just called out to me, and I picked it up on impulse. Works great, but I can't find much about them. Looks like it is one of the newer models, from around 1980 or so, and it has gold plating on the top and bottom, while the body is a silver barley pattern. Here's a few pics. Let me know if any of you have seen them or know much about them. Thanks!

20140626_214011.jpg

20140626_213958.jpg

20140626_213934.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Sorry, I don't know anything about that lighter, except I like it! Has a cool vintage look to it and is not real fancy looking. And hey, it's made in England for crissakes! That alone is pretty darn interesting.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
I have a Dunhill Unique, and loved it when I smoked cigarettes, but after picking up the pipe, I rarely use it.

Be careful with the cap top, as the gas line is pressure activated by the cap. If it ever needs servicing, you should always have a Dunhill service center take care of it. Also, make sure you are using Dunhill flints, I find other flints too hard for the rolling/striking mechanism of the wheel on the Unique.
Shutterbug

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I've have one just like it for years. It's called hobnail style. I sent it to ARS for a angled pipe flame when I got it. ARS will no longer replace the jet with out a full overhaul which cost around $100 bucks. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.