Jul 12, 2011
Not my style, but let's chat about Cavalier style smokers, any of you

out there?

http://www.alpascia.com/detail.asp?detail=23668

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
Strange looking contraption.
Being a Dunhill, I have no doubt that its a good smoker, but it seems impractical and rather unweildy. I think I'll pass.

Dec 24, 2012
I don't know about Dunhill, but I had a Chevy Cavalier in college and that thing left a trail of smoke like nobody's business.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Hmm - while it's not my style, I can see someone liking it. Definitely has a modern look to it and I'll bet it smokes well too.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
[I don't know about Dunhill, but I had a Chevy Cavalier in college and that thing left a trail of smoke like nobody's business.]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
First Dunhill is thinking about dropping the name from their pipes and now this thing? I'm wondering if someone over there has lost his mind. Anyone remember the Cadillac Cimarron? It nearly destroyed that marque.

May 31, 2012
I was actually trying to find a good cav just to have in the stable & see how it smokes, but I ain't got one yet.
That Dunhill shape was designed in 1956, I almost won a Parker version, but no dice.
One of the better reference pages I found about the Cavalier shape was this:

http://www.pipephil.com/article-2304682.html

...you can use googtrans for the French to get a rough idea, and some gems of machine mistranslation along the way like this:

"Dare to express negative criticism against his majesty Dunhill: the junction between the bowl and the stem is particularly sloppy blowjob for this model."

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
GBD made an interesting Cavalier style pipe, I've missed a few on Ebay. I find this design, with the screw off briar bottom to be far more appealing than the Duhill versions. The Dunhill does have a big of steam punk to it, but overall, I'm not a big fan.
1_582f3f16131c2b70d542639353f19b05.jpg

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I have a GBD in that shape in my collection. When it arrived the box also contained the original invoice from the 60's. I thought that was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.