PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I just took advantage of the current smoking pipes dot com discount on tins of Dunhill pipe tobacco. Stocking up on several. And this prompted me to ask which are your favorite Dunhill pipe tobaccos and why. Perhaps I should have asked this before placing my order, but it'll be useful for future orders, or for those who haven't sampled any yet.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I've only had Nightcap, which is my absolute favorite tobacco so far, and 965. Both are great, delivering exactly what I want from an English blend. Never disappointing, consistently rich and cool-smoking. I need to try EMP someday. Interested in seeing others' opinions of their lesser-known blends.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I stock Dunhill Flake and Deluxe Navy Rolls. Both are wonderful flakes and regulars in my rotation. I only have 30 tins of each in stock because they are always readily available and I am concentrating on more hard to find stuff right now. My goal is to have about 65 of each in stock when I am done with my cellar. I will wait till the next sale on this to load up as they do this a couple of times a year. The Dunhill Flake is one of my go to morning smokes as I like a milder smoke first thing of the day and then move up the strength ladder as the day progresses.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
Ive yet to find a Dunhill that I didnt like. Perfect moisture right out of the tin, good flavor and great tobacco.

Nightcap is my favorite though, not just of the Dunhill blends but of any blend Ive tried yet.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Dunhill Flake. I don't smoke any of the other Dunhill blends (I have smoked most of them), although I keep thinking about revisiting Nightcap. Now, if they brought back Durbar...

Jul 12, 2011
Flake, EMP & NC. The bacci is of high quality and has given

me outstanding smokes time after time/year after year

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
I like most of them very much, but Elizabethan is at the top of the list.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Of those still in production, I really enjoy Dunhill Flake, London Mixture, and My Mixture 965.
As for out-of-production blends. . . Well, I second the vote for Durbar, a phenomenal oriental-forward blend. (I haven't tried Aperitif yet, but I've got several tins on hand, and I'm guessing it's going to be a recommended blend as well.)
Bob

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Thanks Lucky! Insightful articles on Escudo vs Navy Rolls. Conclusion? Very similar, but different origins for the VAs. Side by side comparison indicates a high degree of similarity. Smoking characteristics very similar as well.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Just bought ten tins of London Mixture from SP. Next order will be 10 tins of EMP from P&C's discount. (Thanks Cortez). I've got a number of tins of Nightcap. Those are my favorites. Altho Navy Rolls intrigues me.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Always get these three confused. With regards to Latakia, have I arranged them properly, from strongest to mildest?
London Mixture - Skillfully blended Latakia with Virgina and Turkish. Pleasant aroma and a flavor never tiring.
Standard Mixture - Latakia, Orientals, East Carolina and Georgian, all lightly toasted. A slightly heavier companion to DUNHILL's Standard Mixture Mild. Traditional English.
Standard Mixture Mellow - Traditionally English, Latakia, Orientals, East Carolina and Georgian, all lightly toasted.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I've smoked nightcap, royal yacht, Dunhill flake, EMP and like them all and have them all in my rotation. If Dunhill was the only maker out there I would be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.