PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnusx1

Lurker
Aug 31, 2009
Ok, i haven't posted in a bit which tends to be my nature, but is it me or does this blend seem uneventful? I've tried it in a few pipes, also aged it. It just seems bland. Anyone?

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I love navy rolls it's one of my favourite blends, I find them sweet, juicy and fruity. I find the taste suffers if they dry out too much, they're pretty much good to go from the tin IMO

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Dunhill DNR are probably my favourite tobacco. An epitome of VaPer. Naturally they improve with age and I believe that they're best rolled and stuffed two at a time in a dedicated flake pipe, straight from the tin.
Andy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I don't care for DDNR. I only have 35 tins of it. Terrible stuff! :rofl:
Well, since Harris isn't here, I thought I'd fill in for him. :crazy:

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I like it quite a bit a solid VaPer. I think it tends a little more to the peppery side than Escudo. After Durbar it is my favorite Dunhill tobacco.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
DNR is a good smoke. But I like VaPer flakes, so if they aren't your thing then you may not enjoy them as much.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Pipestud: I do, too. But, don't you think the Murray's version is a little fuller in taste? I do.

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
I'm with you, cygnus - I was underwhelmed by DNR. It was a good tobacco, but didn't seem to do anything unique to justify its cost. I'm perfectly happy with Luxury Bullseye Flake and the occasional tin of Escudo.

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
Have yet to smoke the stuff. From what I hear it is excellent though. (coming from people whom I have a deep respect for and a similar taste profile for pipe tobacco)

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
LOL Cygnus and tppytel - one of the beauties of our hobby is the way our individual body chemistries make different blends attractive to different folk. Personally, I quite liked Escudo but much preferred DDNR and PS LBF was very bland to my taste. Which is a shame, as I bought 16oz of the stuff and gave away about 14oz of that!
Andy

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I prefer Escudo, but if I'd have smoked a comparable amount of DNR, I'd probably prefer the latter. I think of Escudo as a stripped down version of DNR, no fruitiness, for example, but just a blend dedicated to bringing out VA and Perique.

Status
Not open for further replies.