PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rottingcorpse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2015
Hi fellow bowl burners,
I've tried Dunhill 965, Nightcap, and Early Morning. None of these gave me an obvious buzz except Early Morning. It's apparently the lightest of the 3, but it hit me hard! I didn't smoke any more of it than the other 2. I was just wondering, why did this happen? Does it have something in it that only affects certain individuals? By the way, the taste is a pleasant mild leather sweetness, and I love the taste of all of these tobaccos.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I smoked a bowl of EMP this morning in an Il Ceppo. I definitely don't think it's strong in the nicotine department but sometimes the other factors produce nic rush when it's unexpected. I once got green in the gills off a bowl of ODF and yet most people don't rank it high on the nicotine scale. I haven't had a repeat so I think it was just a fluke likely involving an empty stomach and perhaps drawing deeper or holding my smoke longer. So I would say keep smoking the EMP and you probably won't get a repeat incident. Not only can tobaccos hit people differently but they can come across differently to the same smoker during different smokes.

rottingcorpse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2015
Hi Daimyo,
I've actually smoked EMP a few times now, and it always concludes with a heavy buzz. I made sure to eat a meal after the initial smoke. So, do you think it just has something in there that only affects some individuals? I read some reviews on the tobacco, and some people say it has no noteworthy nicotine, while others claim it has very notable nicotine.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I start each day with coffee and a bowl of EMP. I'm guessing an empty stomach may have some bearing on how we react to the nic hit. I'll agree that it's a mild blend but I've got the Niccups more than once while clenching and sipping away. I've been trying to get in the habit of getting at least something in the stomach before firing up as I've never been an early breakfast kind of guy.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
If it happens regularly with EMP but not Nightcap I would say it's definitely something about the way it interacts with you and your chemistry. I think NC has way more nic than EMP.

rottingcorpse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2015
I think so too, but I'd like to find out exactly what it is. If anyone has had similar experiences, please share them. Yes, apparently Nightcap has more nicotine, but it has never given me a distinct buzz. I used and still sometimes smoke cigars, all full-bodied, so this is probably why I'm not overwhelmed with the "notorious" Nightcap's flavor and nicotine intensity, which I don't think is either. I still enjoy EMP; I would just like to know what is in it that sparks this buzz.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Nightcap to me is full bodied but not nic heavy or at least not over the top nic heavy. The only tobacco product to date that has layed me out is Condor RR. I smoked it after a light meal and got the full ride. Typically I'm not overly sensitive to nicotine and only rarely do I ever feel it's effects and when I do I'm mindful that I probably should eat something.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
A year ago, I'd smoke EMP and not notice the nicotine. Now, I have to make sure I'm sitting down. The difference is so much that I was wondering if they changed the blend.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I'd say it's how fast it burns, I definitely feel it, usually I smoke it on an empty stomach with a cup of coffee. It doesn't make me green or have to sit down, but I definitely notice the nicotine in it more than in nightcap. I find nightcap burns really slow, the new nightcap doesn't have anywhere near the amount of nicotine as the old version of nightcap I've heard. I'd say it's also the bright Va's that do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.