PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I thought this might be interesting. I made my first eBay auction purchase from overseas, Austria to be specific. I was stunned at how quickly a package makes its way from Austria to Alabama, about six days. Same amount of time it takes to ship from west coast to bama. CRAZY!! Anyways, the pipe was exactly as promised. It was a very good deal I never should've taken advantage of, but ah well. I'll be sending the pipe to Ric at Briarville. The guy's a magician with such things. And so here are photos of the pipe as is now. Once Ric returns it to me I'll post After photos. Till then, here's the "before" photos...

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
You should get a great result. The pipe looks like it needs little more than a cleaning.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Nothing much to do there that some strong black coffee on a rag for the top of the bowl and some polishing and pipe cleaner work won't set right, fantastic, can't wait to see it when the grain pops!

banjo

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Looking forward to seeing the grain jump out as well when she's all freshened up. :puffy:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Just heard from Ric and he said it's as good as new. Can't wait to see it! I'll post photos when it arrives :) ric is an artist at what he does and doesn't require instructions concerning the nomenclature or anything. Guy knows his business better than most.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lol Banjo, I'm afraid no popcorn, but I do have a couple days of Muzak you're welcome to listen to while we wait :)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It was so dark when I got it I had no idea how the grain would come out and was shocked upon opening the box. I had planned on selling it, but I kinda want to keep it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.