PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I won an auction on eBay and the pipe just came home. An '84 Dunhill Cumberland with gold bands. I absolutely

fell in love with this pipe when I saw it on-line and had to have it. The color is a light brown matching the

Cumberland stem just perfectly. I usually give an estate pipe the royal cleaning treatment, but ran a pipe

cleaner through the stem soaked in Everclear, and it came out spotless. The cake was reamed to just a bit left

in the bottom of the bowl, so I'm leaving it. I usually like a size group 5 or larger but this pipe is FINE! Smoking it now as I type this.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Don't be alarmed if it comes back looking like a MM cob. That's the quality of the service I provide. :rofl:
-Jason

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Ha! Just because LSU beat the Hogs last week doesn't mean it's to pretty for here CoonAss! HaHaaaaa!

I'm smoking HH Old Dark Fired and it's mellow... Such a fine smoke.
(Note for our out of the U.S. friends: CoonAss is a sweet term of endearment for our local Cajun 'French'

friends in Louisiana, not a slur!)

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. That gold band adds lots of elegance to the pipe. I hope you have many years of pleasure smoking it

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Since some recent Dunhill-related discussions derailed rather quickly I hesitated in asking foggymountains question earlier, but it has me wondering too. Its dimensions in relation to the pipe and the mouthpiece seem just slightly off. Are there any marks on the band?

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Yes rothnh.....Thank You. I am no Dunhill expert, as I suspect no one is.... but I know enough not to buy a forgery. For dukdualf, no, there are no marks on the gold rings, but being in this business and wandering around a bit in the last few years has filled me in about what to watch for in this case. I appreciate your concern non-the-less.... Thanks

I think I did good, and I'm damn happy regardless!

Aug 14, 2012
They make one now with a gold band, the Abraham Lincoln special edition. It is a smooth band not ribbed like this one.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I agree. I usually don't like gold adornments, but it really suits that Cumberland finish - very nice! And, I'd add that Dunhill stem sure looks authentic.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Thanks Guys! You may be able to tell with this photo that it's not a repair or replacement. It's an '84 Cumberland.

(sub-dated 24).
IMG_2115.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.