PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
Trying to find some info on this pipe. I have been unable to find any info on the net. Is this a Dunhill second? Other than "Super Briar" and the spot on the stem there is no other markings. Any info is appreciated.

Dunhill1_zps759354ef.jpg

Dunhill4_zps04315138.jpg

Dunhill3_zpsf3ed47f0.jpg

Dunhill2_zps84b173bd.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Well, it's a Dunhill pipe case, but the spot on the stem looks too large for the Dunhill white spot to me.
Dave

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Not sure if the dot is white but it looks like a yellow dot. The case is a Dunhill. The pipe does not appear to be.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Well, it's a Dunhill pipe case, but the spot on the stem looks too large for the Dunhill white spot to me.
+1
I wonder if someone found a pipe that just happened to fit into a Dunhill case.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Well, one way or another it is a very pretty pipe. Hopefully it didn't come at a Dunhill price. 8O

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
Definitely not Dunhill price. I was willing to pick it up because I knew the case was legit. The case has Dunhill markings and patent # on the outside that I can see as well as the White Spot logo inside…it was worth it just for that. The pipe intrigued me enough to take the chance as well. I suspected that it was just another pipe in a Dunhill case but the grain on the pipe and the spot on the stem threw me off. I looked up Marxman but I still don't have a match to their markings…Parker had a Super Briar as well but the markings don't match that either. The V shape in the center of "Super Briar" matches the logo of Super Value Tobacco? Anyone know if they ever made pipes?

May 31, 2012
You can try to match it up with these dots and spots,

http://pipephil.eu/logos/en/dots/do-1dot.html
http://pipephil.eu/logos/en/dots/rond-uni.html
...it may simply remain a mystery.
Any other markings on the pipe?
Does it have a stinger? If so, what kind?
Here's a Marxman Super Briar,

dunno if yours could be made by them?

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/united-states/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=65015
The best bet would be to find a Dunhill that fits perfectly in the case and you'll have a cool little number!

:)

...or sell the case to me! :P

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I agree with you misterlowercase. Nice case. I wish some artisan would start making custom fitted hard cases for pipes. I have several special to me pipes that I would like to have special cases made for. Sorry if this has nothing to do with the original inquiry dixie. Just expressing a desire of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.