PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
What tobacco smokes best out of these, if you were to designate it to a paricular blend?

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I haven't smoked any Canadian made pipes..If you're refering to the long Canadian style pipes.I feel that the extra length helps them to smoke a bit cooler than they otherwise would.If a blend doesn't smoke quite as cool as I would like it to I sometimes try it in a Canadian.I don't really feel as comfortable though with that extra length.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks, yes, style not made in Canada. Bought one to try, bowl & shape is not my favorite.

Aug 1, 2012
I have most of mine dedicated to strong English blends with one (Brebbia) dedicated to aromatics.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The only way to find out what sort of tobacco smokes best in any particular pipe is to experiment.

Aug 14, 2012
Canadians may have a rather thin walled bowl, meaning all other things equal they smoke a bit hotter. Of course they are not equal, the Canadian being longer.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
AS a Canadian, I smoke everything pretty well, had to learn to slow down and pack properly.....Just kidding. I have several canadians. One is a dedicated English pipe and the other gets whatever I throw in it. In my opinion they don't smoke any cooler because of the longer stem but they are a neat shape. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.