PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
I just bought some new tobacco and when I opened the package it was very dry. I don't know if I should return it or if anyone has any tips on trying to save it. thanks for the help

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What blend is it? Some are packaged dry in as much as the blender intended it to be smoked that way.

John Patten and Lannes Johnson are two that come to mind. Also, a few shags that I have smoked seemed to be quite dry.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
CH is normally drier than most tobaccos. Is it crunchy dry? When you rub it between your palms does it turn to dust? If the answer to these questions is "no", it's probably OK.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
No it don't turn to dust, it just seemed a lot dryer from the prince albert I have been smoking.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah I read that post from your link that is going to help a lot, and how do you find old posts like that because I have a ton of questions!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
In the left hand column of this page, and most other pages, is a list of hyperlinks under the heading "Categories".

Two major sources of information are Russ Ouellette's "Put That In Your Pipe", and Greg Pease's "Out Of The Ashes" blogs.

Kevin's Blog is equally informative, but usually focuses more on eZine and tobacco industry stuff.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
that is awesome thanks rothnh and cortez!! you guys have been a big help

Status
Not open for further replies.