PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Does anyone know of any interactions between nicotine and Lyrica and/or Cymbalta? I'm on both and I've had dizziness and nic hit symptoms that I didn't have before I was prescribed. It doesn't happen if I don't smoke and it doesn't happen if I smoke but don't dose.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Hey Ed ... a quick search showed no serious drug interactions with Nicotine.
However, those two drugs have some interactions with each other:
Using DULoxetine together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Thanks guys. I will check with my pharmacist and my doctor, but I'm not sure that there are alternatives other than the dire pain they are being used to combat. At least I know it's not the pipe causing the problems and that is a huge relief. We give up so much as we age I was hoping that wasn't going to be added to the list.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
but I'm not sure that there are alternatives
Ed ... there are more natural substances being used these days.
I don't know how you feel about it, but the green herb saved my step-dad's last few months from being miserable.

He had Stage 4 Lung Cancer and it really helped with pain, nausea, appetite, etc...
Sanjay Gupta is a Neurosurgeon, an Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at Emory University School of Medicine and Associate Chief of the Neurosurgery service at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. He is also well

known as CNN's Chief Medical Correspondent.
This extremely intelligent individual has publicly apologized for condemning THC's medicinal properties.

Furthermore, he has released two recent documentaries showing the efficacy of said herb.

It's worth looking into, even if it means seeing a different doctor to get straight answers.
Good Luck and Take Care!

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I have found it to help a whole bunch but this is 24/7 type pain and it would take more than I can afford to do it regularly much less a lawyer since it's still illegal in this state and until it's not I don't want it part of my medical record. Apparently I have no such qualms about open forums on the internet. I guess my judgement really is impaired.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Yeah ... they are making it cost prohibitive.
Big Pharma would lose lots of $$$ if they made it affordable or covered by insurance.
Sorry for your ongoing pain and I'm glad that the pipe can still be a companion.
Take Care,
Darin
Edit: The only impaired judgement is by those who would rather push man-made chemicals over natural plants.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Big Pharma would lose lots of $$$ if they made it affordable or covered by insurance.
We just legalized it here in Oregon and every county and city is lining up to impose taxes on it. It looks like the legal price is going to be three times the black market price. I think a similar thing happened in the state of Washington.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Well it is great pain medication but insurance companies don't like paying the prices attached to it and medicare drug plans I have looked into don't carry it on there lists.There may be a supplemental plan somewhere that does but I would bet it is high dollar! I am allergic to the original form of gabapentin. Lyrica does come with an extensive list of side affects!Including severe depression.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
It's sad that it seems like the pharma and medical establishments are only interested in the public's health if they can get their hands in a share of the pie. Growing your own would prevent that, therefore let's make it either illegal and/or too high priced for a lot of people to access it. That's all. I won't say no more

Status
Not open for further replies.