Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Many of you may be familiar with the Drew Estate cigar line, which is pretty unique. They are best known for their unique flavored and infused cigars.
They are announcing a new line of pipe tobacco -
drew-estate-pipe-tobacco.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
So basically these are recreations of tobacco blends from the 1870's to early 1900's? Sounds interesting enough to me. One of the reasons I took up the pipe was because of the 'old fashioned' kind of vibe I get from it. Where can we find these blends?

lordwolf

Might Stick Around
Feb 12, 2013
United States
Hmmm.... This should be interesting. I myself am a big cigar smoker and I have a love hate relationship with Acid cigars. I love the unique taste and aroma of the Acids, but at the same time there is a big lack of the actual tobacco taste. I have to be in the mood. But overall I think this will be something to watch.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Should be interesting. I like Drew Estate Cigars. They were my go to smoke before I started with the pipe. Haven't touched a cigar since.

hambone

Lurker
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
I'm am going to be very interested in trying all they have to offer. They make the only cigars I buy boxes of and put in my humidor, Natural English and Natural NDB. I'll be ordering a can of each to try them out!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
it's interesting to watch how the DE announcement is being perceived between this board and the one across the street.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I'm not a big fan of what DE puts out. I once smoked ACID!s, but can't anymore (It's like a candy cane shoved up my cigar :crazy: ) And I've tried that Java Mints and was greatly underwhelmed.
Still, new lines of tobacco are always interesting, I'd like to see more info from them though. Full tin descriptions? Or better yet, detailed info like Greg Pease puts on his site about his blends (Although I'm pretty confident the writing, as well as the product being written about, on Greg's site will be superior :nana: )!

magicsmoke7

Lurker
Aug 22, 2013
Ohio
I just can't get my hands on this stuff, then again I just started smoking so I got here right after everyone sold out and now I'm just stuck waiting... has anyone tried these?

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I didn't try it (no English pipe with me) but the Meat Pie smelled like a nice fuller bodied English blend. It was getting some good reviews from smokers at Premal's pre NASPC show.
These are not like their cigars at all but more traditional tobaccos with high quality leaf. The aromatic smokers seemed to really enjoy them quite a bit. They didn't have the VAPER blend which is the one I want to try.
So, don't discount them based solely on the Drew Estate cigars. These pipe tobaccos are not patchouli/mint/coffee infused like their cigars are. Whether they can stand on their own in the pipe tobacco world remains to be seen, but the quality seems to be there.
Just my .02

friarbriar

Lurker
Jan 5, 2014
I was apprehensive at first, as some of the other readers are apparently, knowing about Drew cigars of course. But I must say, I'm impressed with the Toasted Black Cavendish. It has a very subtle sweetness that comes through on the toasty notes. The nose note hints of toasted marshmallows, just hints mind you. I'm impressed with the blend, and will add it to my tobacco rotation. Having said this I fully plan on trying the other blends by Drew.

Truly mild and a delight to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.