PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Just won this Dr Plumb Quintex unsmoked pipe for $47.90 on Ebay -- Mine was the only bid! Where were you guys? I expected a battle!
8ze7n4.jpg

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Gah! How did I miss this? I just bought a few estates from Ebay. I must have been distracted and didn't see this one. It's a beaut!

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks for all the kind comments, guys -- I was specifically searching for Dr Plumb when this Ebay item popped up. They're hard to find in the U.S., and a lot of UK sellers will no longer ship ANY tobacco-related products to this continent for fear of legal consequences.
By the way, as far as I know, they are the only company that has a line of pipes specifically for dentally-challenged folks or denture wearers. The entire line can be viewed at:
http://www.robert-lewis.co.uk/default.asp?section_id=16

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
:) The more I read, the more I realize how little I know. What an interesting hobby (and education about it.)

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
The pipe arrived today, some minor fills as expected; filled it up with some Pete's Irish Whiskey and enjoyed it very much. This is the first time I've left a stinger in, since it looked like it would take brute force to remove it, and other than having to wipe a bunch of brown goo off it after the bowl was finished, I've got no complaints. The smoke was dry, and the full flavour came through. And unlike some of the newer Petersons, there's no stain residue to deal with.
So, if you see a Dr. Plumb available at a good price, I would say, go for it! The Quintex model is a nice spigot alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.