PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goontoe

Lurker
Jun 30, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Oz spoke at the National Governor Association’s annual winter meeting this week. He didn't have good things to say about smokers...
Penalize smokers: Not hiring smokers will reduce health care budgets by 15 percent, Oz told governors. In a follow-up interview with HuffingtonPost Live, he said that companies should have the right to ask potential employees whether they smoke. As a practicing cardiothoracic surgeon, he also said in the follow-up that he wouldn’t operate on smokers because the time to encourage them to quit is before the surgery.
Link to article: http://www.rd.com/recommends/dr-oz-to-governors-have-more-sex-eat-more-nuts-start-potato-chip-buyback-programs/

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Hmmmm! Not operating on smokers, I would like to think that DR.Oz took the Hippocratic Oath. I do not have a problem with some companies dictating where people smoke. But I have a major problem with them asking if you are or makeing a hiring desision based on that. When people are giving that type of power they never stop. At what point do they start to say "well do you drink at home" cause that may cause liver cancer, or "do you use anti-persprent" cause that has been linked to cancer. Maybe you body weight ratio is off,we cant hire them. I am always amazed that the same people that are so dead set on banning tobacco, seem to be the same ones that that think legal pot is okay. I'm going to create a bumper sticker that says "I'll keep my hands off your ovaries, If you keep your hands off my lungs"!
NOT MEANT TO BE POLITICAL IN ANY WAY

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Dr Oz is piece of shit and saying the things he does is not what a real doctor would ever say. I think we should get a list of the sponsors who are signed up for his show and start writing letters.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Dr. Oz has even put a damper on my marriage..Can't stand the guy.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Oz is an embarrassment. If he's going to start making moral judgments on those he will heal and those he won't, makes me wonder where he draws the line. Unwed mothers, alcoholics, criminals? Would he leave them in gutter if he came across them? Will he have questionaires, hire private detectives to determine their moral fitness before he'll operate? Pathetic.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Oh boy.... I'd appreciate if Oz would go somewhere else, like Russia or North Korea. Then he could tell people what to do all day long. He can keep keep away from my decisions. I don't care what he is talking about, exercising that level of control over someone else's life is truly sick.

zdwebb12

Might Stick Around
Jan 25, 2013
Yeah, this is ridiculous. It's an attack on personal liberty, plain and simple.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
It's sickening what these guys (Phil & Oz) do. Often, the advice they give would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
People believe these bozos! Reminds me of my mom who used to mention the "true stories" she read in the National Enquirer.
He's a preening self promoter who also promotes and dabbles in pseudo-science quackery just like that idiot woman who made him famous. Dr. Oz proves once a gain that even the stupid can earn legitimate degrees.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I think it's quite funny. That Dr. Oz tells the whole nation...immunize your kids..but in an interview he says he does not immunize his own kids. Meh..he wants to tell the whole world what to do, but doesn't even follow his own advice for his own family. I bet he's a tobacco smoker..he just wants it all for himself that greedy shyster

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
It might be funny, except for so many people agreeing and saying, "Hey! That is a good idea! Why should we let people choose anything that I think may not be good for him?!" :(

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I see this talk about smokers as one in the same with all discussions in which some governmental body decides you can't own, drink, eat, or smoke anything you want. There are plenty of good reasons to be against any governmental body having the authority to do any of those things. - bp

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I look with a jaundice eye at anyone Oprah blesses with credability. My wife said that Dr. Oz joker said that if you men have wrinkles on your earlobes that means you are a great candidate for cardiac disease. I said bullsh*t!!! Next day at work I made it a point to look at the earlobes of every guy I saw young and old. Guess what there's a buttload of people moving up on the senority list soon. DR. OZ GFY!!!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Hmmmm! Not operating on smokers, I would like to think that DR.Oz took the Hippocratic Oath.
The modern, corporate, pharmaceutical/medical/insurance/complex adheres to the Hippocratic oath about as much as the federal govt. adheres to the Constitution. Creatures like Dr. Oz (fitting name) are public relations front men for the Eugenics agenda that is at the core of “public health policies”.
They love to grandstand about things like “smoking” (always a generalization) to create a perception that they’re concerned about health, while at the same time promoting and defending all of the deadly “treatments” and products of the pharmaceutical and industrial food companies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JF7TcPsmvI

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Dr. Oz is an over-hyped hypocrit that should just stick to surgery and not TV shows and Governer meetings. I'd rather listen to Dr. Douglass of the Douglass report. He actually encourages smoking a cigar daily, and believes tobacco can be beneficial to ones health.
http://douglassreport.com

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Dr. Oz? Oprah?
I won't waste one trillionth of a watt (as in kilowatt hour) on these mass media jerks. I've really never thought of it before, but I'm going to say that my time is too valuable to waste on 'Judge Judy', Jerry Springer, and those to a-holes.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Unfortunatly he is the popular face of the "new" medecine. Millions of people put stock in people on TV. That's why celebrity endorsements work so well. It's all mass propoganda for the mindless. I believe that Drs. like him are all we'll see in the very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.