Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview tonight on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Dr. Billy Taylor. Bill has a PhD. in Educational Computer Science, and he is the biggest collector of "The Pipe". Dr. Taylor is also one of the first people to ever sign-up for an account on PipesMagazine.com back in 2009. He would only do it on the condition that I add "Plastic Pipes LIned with Pyrolytic Graphite" to the selection of "Type of Pipe Usually Smoked" that is on the sign-up form. In "Pipe Parts", Brian will tell you about his own pipe collection.
The photo below is the one "The Pipe" that I own.
bulldog-the-pipe.jpg

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I have the same one. It doesn't get much attention but it actually smokes well. It's just nice to have a couple as part of the collection.

Looking forward to hearing this show.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Another great episode. Loved the interview again as usual. I'll have to stalk eBay and grab a The Pipe and see what it's all about.
Great segment on the pipe shows. I will absolutely make sure to buy some raffle tickets and such to help support the show. I've been to the West Coast Show twice and had a blast each time. I'm counting down the days until this year's show.
I was disappointed as well to find out White Collar was having a six episode series ending finale this year. I heard it's because after the fifth season the parent company hands over the production cost to the network that's airing the show and USA Network can't afford to produce the show on its own. It truly is a shame. White Collar is a great show. It's wonderfully written with an unforgettable and highly talented cast.
As for a suggestion, I'm really liking USA's new show "Rush". It's about a former ER surgeon who is now working as a concierge doctor for celebrities with health problems they don't want to head to the ER for because they don't want the press to know about it. He's a playboy party guy who's struggling with settling down or keeping the party going. The storyline is well developed and the cast is fun and talented. It's worth DVRing a few episodes and giving it a try. Rush is on Thursday night's on USA at 9PM.

jhhicks

Lurker
Jul 3, 2013
Indiana
Learned about something I never knew existed, "The Pipe!" I almost had to pull over when Brian said, "Is that a fancy way to say plastic?" That was hilarious.
I never watched White Collar, but I felt the same way when Burn Notice was finished.
Congrats with the Sutliff/Brigham merger - sounds like you're going to be a very busy guy this fall.
Another great show! Can't wait for next week!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I thought that I knew about "The Pipe", and assumed it was just a nylon pipe. Boy, was a I wrong. That was a very interesting show.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
This made me very curious to try one. I'm not sure it would be for me but I'm also afraid I'd love it! The last thing I need is another type of pipe to collect!

Status
Not open for further replies.