PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
My father was given some Dokha tobacco and a medwakh few years ago while visiting Dubai. He is not a smoker so the pipe and the tobacco were left in a drawer since they have been brought. I digged through the drawers and found it at last. I smoke it when I am tired or don't have enough time for a pipe. Dokha is very different from a regular pipe tobacco and it is inhaled. And when smoked properly it gives you a buzz. I am talking about the real buzz, your head spins, your heart starts beating faster and you get that weird feeling on your hands and legs and feet. Here is the picture:
3gHYp4q.jpg

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
That's a nice Medwakh.
The Dokha I had here did not particularly give me a crazy buzz, I actually ended up mixing it in with some pipe tobacco and smoking from my Savinelli. It was pretty alright.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Thanks Kanse. It didn't give me any buzz when I smoked it for the first time however there were some methods that I found on reddit and applied, voila, spinning head.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I am talking about the real buzz, your head spins, your heart starts beating faster and you get that weird feeling on your hands and legs and feet."
I get that sort of buzz when I watch beach volleyball :rofl:
Regards,
Jay.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I was curious about these. GQ was selling them before he closed up. I haven't checked to see if the new owner carries them, but obviously still won't have the tobacco. Maybe one of these days I'll get one and try it out still. Jay, thanks for the morning laugh.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Jay, thanks for the morning laugh."
The funniest thing Crash is that I've never actually seen beach volleyball though I have been assured I would enjoy it :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Deniz, as far as I know there are lots of Dokha blends. The one I smoke have a citrusy, grassy Virginia tin note. I can't get most of the flavors while smoking because I don't smoke it like a pipe tobacco. Yes, it causes the head to spin, sweaty and shaking hands and feet for 15-20 seconds. No spiritual buzz or hallucinations. It is very relaxing though.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I get your point and no it is not similar to pipe tobacco overdose. When you have a nicotine overdose it just doesn't feel right and it can cause nausea, sweating, excessive saliva production, headache, dizziness, etc. more like sea sickness. Dokha won't have any similar effects (maybe too much dokha will, it is tobacco in the end). If smoked properly it will give you a buzz (more like a weed) and it won't last more than 30 seconds. No hallucinations or spiritual buzz as I stated above but you can call it a spiritual buzz if you want to. I think 30 seconds is not enough for a spiritual buzz :)

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
Deathmetal
I'm crying laughing right now. I love reddit, but my travels around there are very narrow.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
But I'm curious what specific technique you're using when smoking this?
I've been actually quote curious about this and looking to place my first order. Was the tobacco labelled? What are these "special methods" that reddit taught you?
BnB, I have just realized that Deniz also asked the same question. When I smoked it for the first time, I just took a puff, inhaled and exhaled, nothing happened. Then after reading some posts on different forums and reddit I found this:
Breathe out deep, and light the bowl and inhale normally. Hold it for about 5 seconds, and take a second hit without exhaling the first. Hold another 4 or 5 seconds, and hit it a third time still not exhaling, drawing in as much as you can hold. Hold it as long as you can, then exhale it all.
This technique will give you a real buzz. There are some members of reddit however, who claim that you should take only one big puff.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Knowing Reddit, probably pegging and cuckoldry.
I am not a regular reddit user, I actually hang out more here than any other social network. The thing is reddit is a huge social network aggregation and you can find about everything there, and it is not just an article or a single post, it's hundreds of thousands of users posting about their own experiences. And I totally understand that some (mostly older generation) people can't get along with that. Probably in my 40s or 50s there will be some popular websites that I won't be using, even hating to use.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Cheers Jvn; pulled the trigger yesterday on a nice little medwakh and four different strength 4.5 jars to try. I'm actually pretty excited about this; been meaning to try it for a little over a year now, your post reminded me and the paycheck just came in so I figured it was high time.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
BnB, good for you. By the way, the tobacco I own have no labels on it. Dokha is not an all-day smoke, it is totally different compared to pipe tobacco. I hope you like it.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Haha, thanks for the warning. I know this stuff is pretty potent. I've got a pretty good tolerance. My mornings are always so packed I dont have time for a bowl before work, so i'm looking at this as a nice little eyeopener with the morning cup o joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.