Does Deer Tongue Impact Nicotine Absorption?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
The reason I ask is I've been smoking a fair amount of Crooner lately and have to smoke small bowls due to the nicotine spins that hit me. Crooner hits me harder than War Horse Bar and I have no issues with smoking other strong burley blends. So I thought I'd ask the forum to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I think it's the burley that may be getting to you. I don't know if CD still uses real deer tongue any more. It's pretty scarce stuff and the FDA has warned against its use. An over use of the herb can cause nausea but the tiny amount in Crooner should not be an issue.

If you like deer tongue and want something a bit less infused I'd recommend C&D Gentleman Caller.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Just odd because other burley blends don't bother me; also it is definitely deer tongue per C&D.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I would say no. I make a VaPer blend that has anywhere from 0% to 5% Deers Tongue and I've never noticed any increase in nic absorption.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I too love Crooner. I just bought a pound of same. Crooner uses C&D's Cube Cut Burley which I also bought a pound of recently. I get a good nic hit from the Cube Cut Burley but not so much from Crooner. I smoke both blends in small bowl billiards or cobs like the Legends or Missouri Prides.

allthebass

Might Stick Around
May 7, 2017
Bettendorf, IA
Funny, was just going thru my cellar last night and found I had an ounce or two of Crooners. I'll be straight up, I'm a light weight with nicotine and a lot of C&D Burley blend kick my butt. If Bing smoke this stuff regularly, hats off to him. I'm a Bing fan and do enjoy Crooners from time to time but any of the C&D Burleys, especially anything cube cut or flaked, get my utmost respect. I always make sure to smoke on a full stomach and have a sugary drink close at hand. Even tobaccos I'm typically comfortable with get me from occasionally if I'm hungry or my blood sugars a little low. YMMV

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Does deer tongue just give a vanilla taste. I've been thinking about getting some crooners but I'm particular about certain aromas/taste like anise, ugh...but I could handle vanilla.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Some get vanilla from it, some like myself get an apple cinnamon taste from it. I love it too.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I would say no. I make a VaPer blend that has anywhere from 0% to 5% Deers Tongue and I've never noticed any increase in nic absorption.

That's a good blend ya made, too! I really enjoyed that one!

allthebass

Might Stick Around
May 7, 2017
Bettendorf, IA
Does deer tongue just give a vanilla taste. I've been thinking about getting some crooners but I'm particular about certain aromas/taste like anise, ugh...but I could handle vanilla.
It's such an unusual herb but to me it gives a very unusual sweet, grassy, herbal sort of note. It also really opens my sinuses and sometimes I get a slightly runny nose (is that TMI?).

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I too get a nic kick from Crooner but love the stuff. Head spins for just a short while. :puffy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Am I the only one here who couldn't smoke Crooner? I agree, it is a strong blend and I love strong blends, however even that didn't convince me to finish a bowl of Crooner. For me, it just tastes like seaweed.

Status
Not open for further replies.