It's kind of alright, I guess...
Yuri Aksenov billiard:
aksenov2.jpg

aksenov.jpg

http://pipeshouse.com/good_1555.html

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Hmm it is a nice piece of briar, but a little too straight for my taste. I prefer flame grain.

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
That's a beaut.

Straight, quilt, birdseye, birdpeck, curly it's all good in my book Things That Are Good.
Me thinks you're purposely fishing for negative comments in hopes it will dissuade you from purchasing

another pipe.

Sorry, I won't be part of such blasphemy.
It's kind of alright, I guess...
(read: I've got to have this bad boy!)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Everclear huh? I missed a part of my college experience thanks to Everclear and jello.... There's ALWAYS room for jello.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
They're pretty. I have a thing for the rustic finishes though. That being said I regret selling the straight grain Heritage I had.

bigjoe

Might Stick Around
Aug 14, 2014
The grain in that second picture conjures an image of tree trunks in a dense forest to me, with the birds' eye starting at the bottom resembling fallen leaves on the forest floor... I tend to pick out images in random patterns. :)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Bigjoe, I had the same thought. I imagined the redwood forest in Yosemite National Park, straight red trees with black background. Like this photo only taken from a distance.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Surely a piece of art but also a tad intimidating when it comes to actually using those pipes. In fact I feel that people are slightly overexited about straight grain. Right now I prefer a nice sandblast or rustication over a smooth pipe.

Nevertheless an awesome example!

Status
Not open for further replies.